Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fingal General Election

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Allyall,the boul Darragh will get the Viaduct done in his first week,err what was his second name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Marcusm wrote: »
    It used to be the case, and there may be circumstances in which an x or a tick might be accepted but it is up to the local returning officer to determine - it must be a clear indication of a first preference. Given the costs involved in the Kerry case which was very much of its own character, I understand that many are now very particular.

Yeah sure pal. When you're in a hole stop digging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

https://mobile.twitter.com/electionnt/status/703678519247769601

Nobody elected on second count. 3 eliminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,324 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Yeah sure pal. When you're in a hole stop digging.

It's been acknowledged that arguments could be raised that an "x" is a roman numeral "10", I kid you not. None of the councils want to end up in court and carry the costs that Kerry Co Co has had to carry. It might seem idiotic but then so much does.

It's been acknowledged that arguments could be raised that an "x" is a roman numeral "10", I kid you not. None of the councils want to end up in court and carry the costs that Kerry Co Co has had to carry. It might seem idiotic but then so much does.

An argument has also been made that "Suck my cock" written beside Mary Lou McDonald on a ballot paper is a clear indication of preference, I kid you not.

That doesn't make it a valid argument.

An X is a vote no question, no doubt.

• Advertisement

All three leaders of the Social Democrats - Stephen Donnelly, Catherine Murphy and Roisin Shortall have been elected.

Taoiseach Enda Kenny (FG) has been re-elected after first count in Mayo

"You can argue about the people's decision but you cannot argue with it" says Enda Kenny

http://elections.independent.ie/election-2016/dublin-fingal

3 minutes ago
    Taoiseach Enda Kenny: "Clearly the option of a majority government is gone. Clearly, the option of a Fine Gael-Labour government is gone."

All three leaders of the Social Democrats - Stephen Donnelly, Catherine Murphy and Roisin Shortall have been elected.
    3 leaders of a party of 3,err do they take turn's to be Mammy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Next count crucial to reilly. Needs a big lift from the renua elimination. Who will transfer from renua to sinn fein you have to imagine reilly will be closing the gap now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

dslamjack wrote: »

Taoiseach Enda Kenny (FG) has been re-elected after first count in Mayo

"You can argue about the people's decision but you cannot argue with it" says Enda Kenny

http://elections.independent.ie/election-2016/dublin-fingal

3 minutes ago
    Taoiseach Enda Kenny: "Clearly the option of a majority government is gone. Clearly, the option of a Fine Gael-Labour government is gone."

Looks like he needs Harry Houdini to help him remain as Taoiseach!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

BMJD wrote: »
    I thought we rid ourselves of the scourge of ff for good 5 years ago, I hope those voters seek help for their memory loss issues.

Or some people actually remembered the crisis wasn't caused specifically because of FF?

You could ask after the last election about peoples memory about Labor. Their history has proven once they get a seat at the table, they ditch all their promises, just to be there.

We have too small a political sphere to have any clean history parties or politicans.

As you mentioned earlier though, constit was crying out for a SD. Would ahve been my #1 all day long

TERRY KELLEHER , AAA-PBP excluded

ROSLYN FULLER , IND excluded

MARCUS DE BRUN , IND excluded

FERGAL O'CONNELL , IND excluded

P.s ...count will finish at 11pm

TheDoc wrote: »
    Or some people actually remembered the crisis wasn't caused specifically because of FF?

It was mostly caused by their gombeen economics and whatever elements they didn't cause, they facilitated through their incompetence and weak governance.

Whenever I see that dumb fcuk Ahern I feel my jaw tightening with anger.

Whatever you say about FG/Lab just look at the speaking ability of their people compared to FF who can barely string an intelligent sentence together. Darragh o'brien is relatively articulate but any time I've seen him he's propping up a bar in Malahide.

Joan Burton just elected in Dublin West

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

dslamjack wrote: »
    Joan Burton just elected in Dublin West

By a margin of 18 votes!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Uncivil comments & name-calling will not be tolerated.

tHB

Current Seat Count . FG - 12 ....F.F -18 .....S.F - 6 ...AAA.PBP--0 --RN -0

LAB 1... SD -3 ....GP -1 ...IA -2 ..IND- 2 ...OTH -0

http://www.rte.ie/news/election-2016/

From RTE

RTÉ's Richard Downes reports that Fine Gael still has some hope that their deputy leader might squeeze the last seat . James Reilly is 500 votes behind the Sinn Féin candidate Louise O'Reilly after the first count and transfers are going against him, according to unofficial tallies. However, the Fine Gael stalwart has not thrown in the towel yet and some of his team hope that he can buck the national trend and secure enough transfers to crawl over the line.

But Sinn Féin's contingent here is confident that they have enough transfers from independent candidates of the left to win the seat. There could be less than a hundred votes in it.

4th count ,just in ..Clare Daly elected ...http://www.rte.ie/news/election-2016/constituencies/dublin-fingal/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It's been acknowledged that arguments could be raised that an "x" is a roman numeral "10", I kid you not. None of the councils want to end up in court ....
    Think of it the other way round. If a candidate lost an election because it was determined that a single X on the ballot paper could be deemed to be a '10', they'd be screaming blue murder and heading for the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 iwishiknew

I'm amazed that commentators are surprised about Reilly. We're poorly served by the choice of candidates from the main parties....not inspiring at all

• Advertisement

Current Seat Count . FG - 12 ....F.F -18 .....S.F - 6 ...AAA.PBP--2 --RN -0

LAB 1... SD -3 ....GP -1 ...IA -2 ..IND- 3 ...OTH -0

http://www.rte.ie/news/election-2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please keep this relevant to DCN. Remember that there is also the Politics (General) & Politics Cafe forums for more general political discussions.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

On count 6. Farrell hasn't moved much since count 1. Seems like he got first preference from FG voters, but I'd imagine he won't feature again until count 14/15. If that is correct, is it unlikely he'll get in?
    Or are choices 2-15 only counted as 30% of a vote?:confused:

http://www.rte.ie/news/election-2016/constituencies/dublin-fingal/

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Looking like the final tally will result with five different parties representing Fingal as I can't see enough transfers from the last two saving James Reilly at this stage

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Allyall wrote: »
    On count 6. Farrell hasn't moved much since count 1. Seems like he got first preference from FG voters, but I'd imagine he won't feature again until count 14/15. If that is correct, is it unlikely he'll get in?
    Or are choices 2-15 only counted as 30% of a vote?:confused:

http://www.rte.ie/news/election-2016/constituencies/dublin-fingal/
    He will get in either as a result of transfers from Reilly, or possibly on a head to head with Reilly for the last seat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Beasty wrote: »
    He will get in either as a result of transfers from Reilly, or possibly on a head to head with Reilly for the last seat

Who is Barry Martin likely to transfer his votes to, does anyone have an idea? Is he Left/Right/in the middle?
    and Lorraine Clifford-Lee? Labour?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

Allyall wrote: »
    Who is Barry Martin likely to transfer his votes to, does anyone have an idea? Is he Left/Right/in the middle?
    and Lorraine Clifford-Lee? Labour?

I'm not sure but he has received a huge amount of transfers.
    Is the count finished until tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Reilly just hasn't attracted transfers. 3/5 govt party tds returned is just proving too much. Probably the vote management between farrel and reilly should have been better also.

Advertisement