Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to make a formal complaint.

Options
  • 08-10-2015 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi Eir, 

I am looking to make a formal complaint about an ongoing issue on my line. I am posting it here as a) its public b) im not dealing with your call centre staff for reasons i'm sure of which you are aware. 

To start, The line was installed as a business line back in feb this year. First fault logged 26/2/15 was after bad stormy weather, resolved a few days later, thats fine. 

The fun begins with a fault that developed just prior to 10/4/15 (date first logged), an issue that related to an intermittently noisy phone line. Originally I had checked anything possible my end, same noisy line on 3 different phones, 3 different RJ11 cables. I only have the 1 phone point that was freshly installed. everything pointing to an external issue, so logged the fault. 

1st tech came out, actually picked up the phone, heard the noisy phone line and said ah it's not too bad (when you are on the phone for 8 hours a day even a slight noise is a terror, even though this was more than a slight noise) and told me to just call again if it gets worse. 

Relogged the fault, next guy comes out and said that the previos tech that was out has been on holidays, so agreed that the previous technician had just been out and didnt want to waste his time as he was due to go on holidays in or around the time that he was out with me. This technician believed he had resolved the issue, and i was in agreement, it did seem fine. however, it redeveloped, lightly and getting progressively worse. 

That was 2 faults of 7 related to this issue. after logging 5 more faults in between, Skipping unimportant details, much of the same occurred for the following faults, bit by bit the technicians came out done something, and the conclusion was reached on fault 8 that the line was running thru trees and a new pole had to go up. 

Here is where I stand now, the final fault was logged 25/8, and after a months wait, the pole went up on 23/9. Delighted. Techs say that cable will be moved in a few days. I have been away for a period, was hoping to see a cable on this new pole, but nothing. It has been 2 weeks and still no sign of them. I call the IVR to check status of the fault to see if it is still open... nope. closed. 

As I stated, this is a business line with an issue now ongoing since April. I rely on this line as a backup for my work. I work for a very high profile company and speaking to customers on a noisy fart of a line is far too unprofessional and it just cannot be done. This needs to be fixed and now. I have been paying my bill but ceased up to last month, I expect that once this issue is resolved that I will be credited for time without service. I am appalled with the lack of followup on this issue. I honestly believed that signing up with eircom on a business line at the time would actually mean a somewhat decent service, instead of vodafone or anyone else. 

I will send on my landline number, account number etc. upon request. 

PS. just for the laugh, I also have another query that is unresolved, the matter that i was promised a €20 per month discount for the first 6 months. When speaking to a customer service representative, I expressed the above line that I joined an eircom business line as expected a better service, no lie, the response I got was "well nobody told you to sign up for a business line", this is the reason I refuse to deal with your customer care department. 

Regards, 
    Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

garyegt wrote: »
    Hi Eir, 

I am looking to make a formal complaint about an ongoing issue on my line. I am posting it here as a) its public b) im not dealing with your call centre staff for reasons i'm sure of which you are aware. 

To start, The line was installed as a business line back in feb this year. First fault logged 26/2/15 was after bad stormy weather, resolved a few days later, thats fine. 

The fun begins with a fault that developed just prior to 10/4/15 (date first logged), an issue that related to an intermittently noisy phone line. Originally I had checked anything possible my end, same noisy line on 3 different phones, 3 different RJ11 cables. I only have the 1 phone point that was freshly installed. everything pointing to an external issue, so logged the fault. 

1st tech came out, actually picked up the phone, heard the noisy phone line and said ah it's not too bad (when you are on the phone for 8 hours a day even a slight noise is a terror, even though this was more than a slight noise) and told me to just call again if it gets worse. 

Relogged the fault, next guy comes out and said that the previos tech that was out has been on holidays, so agreed that the previous technician had just been out and didnt want to waste his time as he was due to go on holidays in or around the time that he was out with me. This technician believed he had resolved the issue, and i was in agreement, it did seem fine. however, it redeveloped, lightly and getting progressively worse. 

That was 2 faults of 7 related to this issue. after logging 5 more faults in between, Skipping unimportant details, much of the same occurred for the following faults, bit by bit the technicians came out done something, and the conclusion was reached on fault 8 that the line was running thru trees and a new pole had to go up. 

Here is where I stand now, the final fault was logged 25/8, and after a months wait, the pole went up on 23/9. Delighted. Techs say that cable will be moved in a few days. I have been away for a period, was hoping to see a cable on this new pole, but nothing. It has been 2 weeks and still no sign of them. I call the IVR to check status of the fault to see if it is still open... nope. closed. 

As I stated, this is a business line with an issue now ongoing since April. I rely on this line as a backup for my work. I work for a very high profile company and speaking to customers on a noisy fart of a line is far too unprofessional and it just cannot be done. This needs to be fixed and now. I have been paying my bill but ceased up to last month, I expect that once this issue is resolved that I will be credited for time without service. I am appalled with the lack of followup on this issue. I honestly believed that signing up with eircom on a business line at the time would actually mean a somewhat decent service, instead of vodafone or anyone else. 

I will send on my landline number, account number etc. upon request. 

PS. just for the laugh, I also have another query that is unresolved, the matter that i was promised a €20 per month discount for the first 6 months. When speaking to a customer service representative, I expressed the above line that I joined an eircom business line as expected a better service, no lie, the response I got was "well nobody told you to sign up for a business line", this is the reason I refuse to deal with your customer care department. 

Regards, 
    Gary
    Hi garyegt

I'm sorry to hear of this and it's fair to say apologies are clearly in order here. Please PM the affected your land line number and I'll look in to this matter for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

waste of time company, does not have the courtesy to return calls when promised and when pulled up on the matter and re assured it won't happen again, they go and repeat the same bad behaviour............. so bad they are a joke, thankfully I have the sense not to join up with these buffoons

Advertisement