Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 Plus.

• 08-10-2015 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hello,

Deciding on selling my much loved iPhone 5c and getting the a new iPhone 6 Plus 64gb, I've seen some on done deal from private sellers but I'm worried should I get it from a dealer instead? Also I'm looking for a sealed model, I do have a friend in America I could buy it from the Apple Store send it to him and he could bring it home as he comes back for Christmas is that the best idea? I'm also worried about the bending is it as widespread as it seems?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Why not wait a couple of weeks for the new 6s plus? Much better in every regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Don't go near done deal. The sister site here, Adverts.ie is best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭shooting101

Thanks for that I don't have enough money yet and will be buying around November, the price should go down shouldn't it? I still don't know what to do!

I don't think I'd have enough money for the 6s plus 64gb? My max is 720.

It's going for 850 dollars new in us Apple Store which is around 750e, I could get my friend to bring it over with him And then I'll get it off him, but the only thing that I'm worried about is the import and duty, would he have to pay it if they found it in his suit case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

why not get him to open the box and carry it as his own phone?

• Advertisement

I suppose, but I'd rather it to be in the original packaging

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

That $850 doesn't include sales or state tax and you will probable get stung for tax here if it's spotted in his luggage

I suppose was looking on eBay? Saw some going for 800e the 64gb ones I've ordered a lot of stuff of eBay, should i get it off their?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

What about taking a day trip to Belfast to pick one up from Apple? No issues with warranties, worried about it being damaged, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Zcott wrote: »
    What about taking a day trip to Belfast to pick one up from Apple? No issues with warranties, worried about it being damaged, etc.

Yeah, highly recommended. Walk in, walk out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

IPhone 6 plus from the Apple UK is 700 pounds which is €943 (plus FX fees). Its €980 from Apple.ie. Its not a massive difference in price when you take into account travelling to NI, FX fees etc

Thanks for the suggestions, you wouldn't choose eBay or Apple.com then? You don't see the price going down to 900e even? For the 6s plus 64gb

Actually 3 are selling for 899efor the 6s plus 64gb nice price don't have the money yet unfortunately would the price go up or down on the 3 site as that's the network I'm on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

guil wrote: »
    That $850 doesn't include sales or state tax and you will probable get stung for tax here if it's spotted in his luggage

Bruce will sniff it out ;)

Advertisement