Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosehip Oil for acne prone skin?

Options
  • 08-10-2015 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

My doctor told me to avoid Rosehip Oil as the oil will only cause more breakouts, however this isn't what I'm reading online. Anyone know if Rosehip Oil is ok to use on oily skin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

As with most things in life, it's best to listen to the advice of your doctor, rather than taking advice from random people on the internet.

Your doctor knows you, and has seen your skin. People on the internet don't know your individual case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I have acne prone skin, always have had, and I have used Rosehip oil before and it did not make my acne worse, it didn't make it better it just didn't have an effect on it.

Any scarring, marks etc I had from spots the oil did help though. The scars/marks have faded a huge amount. I used the oil for a few months (maybe six months) so it does take a while to work, but it will work.

I would agree with Dudara though, your dr has seen your skin, knows you better than strangers online do, so I would take your dr's advice.

You could try the rosehip oil, but don't count on it working immediately because it will take a while and visible changes won't be noticeable for a good two or three months after you've started using it.

As with most oils, I wouldn't use it under make up or anything, but I used it at night, every night, and days where I wasn't wearing make up, I used it. I didn't use it all over, only where it was needed (scars, marks). I did put it on spots but as I said, it made no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

dudara wrote: »
    As with most things in life, it's best to listen to the advice of your doctor, rather than taking advice from random people on the internet.

Your doctor knows you, and has seen your skin. People on the internet don't know your individual case.

The reason I ask is because I know doctors are slightly weaker when it comes to skincare. I thought it may be possible she doesn't know a huge amount about Rosehip Oil, and may not be aware that it's a dry oil as such.

Advertisement