Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CUH and health insurance query

Options
  • 08-10-2015 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi, I understand that there is a 52 week waiting period on health insurance with VHI for maternity. Can anyone tell me, if you get pregnant within those 52 weeks, would I be public until my the waiting period is over? I'm debating whether it even matters. and just going public anyway. Has anybody any experiences with going public in CUH? How is it overall? I understand that there are less scans but we could get pay for extra scans if needs be? Any advice much appreciated, as this is all new to me!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

My SIL has gone public and I've gone private in CUMH (don't forget the ''m'' to distinguish the maternity hopsital from the main hospital) and we both had positive experiences. She only had to share a room with 1 other which is amazing when you consider she didn't pay a cent! I actually got the Family plan plus level 2 years ago so that I'd definitely be past the 52 weeks when it came time to need it for maternity, I think I was single at the time haha.....forward planner :-)

As for your question about when you would switch from public to private a 2 min Phone call or email to VHI would answer that for you

Advertisement