Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECTS and degree - please help.

Options
  • 08-10-2015 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,
    I hope you do not mind me asking this here, as you will see I have a rather poor undestanding of the matter and need to find some answers - I just do not know where and who to ask...
    Here is the thing. I have completed 4 years full-time masters degree course over in Poland, before I moved to Ireland 10 years ago. The way it worked back then is you "skipped" your bachelor degree level and just went to complete 4-5 years long masters degree programme. Unfortunately due to personal circumstances I never got to finish the studies - I have accumulated all needed ECTS points, but never submitted my thesis, so I was obviously not awarded with the degree.
    During the course of studying I have gained 295 ECTS points, I have a document stating that.
    However my problem is - I do not have any degree. I do not have the masters and I do not have the bachelors either. I cannot finish my degree where I was doing it as the Univeristy do not faciliate online education. I cannot continue here as I was doing the Masters in POLISH LITERATURE (no courses like that here) and if I wanted to study I would have to study online, due to work and family commitments.
    I guess my question is: are the ECTS points on their own an equivalent of a degree? Can I obtain a bachelors degree from transfering those points?
    The main reason I need to know that is that I was wondering if I can apply for job positions for which a minimum level of degree is required. I feel that in a way I am educated to a higher level than bachelors, but at the same time I have NO DEGREE at all.
    How do I get about that? Is there any insitution that grant degree based on prior eductaion?
    Sorry, if the above sounds confusing or just poor silly.
    Any help and advise appreciated.
    Thanks!

Advertisement