Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cars deals required!

Options
  • 08-10-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

hello,
    would it be possible to create a thread for car deals?

Scrappage deals, discounts on fleet vehicles, low interest finance, and so forth?

I quickly checked and did not find a similar thread, apologies if I missed it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

robnet77 wrote: »
    hello,
    would it be possible to create a thread for car deals?

Scrappage deals, discounts on fleet vehicles, low interest finance, and so forth?

I quickly checked and did not find a similar thread, apologies if I missed it.

I got a few car recently :)
    Nissan offering €4000 scrappage,
    Vw offering free upgrades
    Citroen offering 0% finance pcp with 30% deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭robnet77

Some Renault dealers are also doing a 3.500€ scrappage deal, while others limit themselves to 2.800€.

This deal seems to be available on both new and nearly new cars (151, 152 plates).

The Zoe is not included in the deal, apparently, other than that the deal covers the whole range.

PCP is available at around 8% interest rate (not great).

Some Renault dealers are also doing a 3.500€ scrappage deal, while others limit themselves to 2.800€.

This deal seems to be available on both new and nearly new cars (151, 152 plates).

The Zoe is not included in the deal, apparently, other than that the deal covers the whole range.

PCP is available at around 8% interest rate (not great).

Renault offered me €4,500 scrappage on a Megane only...no other scrappage :( this was maybe 2 weeks ago and had to take the one on the lot.(152)

Millem wrote: »
    Renault offered me €4,500 scrappage on a Megane only...no other scrappage :( this was maybe 2 weeks ago and had to take the one on the lot.(152)

...are there any other cars left on that lot? can you tell (or PM) the dealer's name please?

...are there any other cars left on that lot? can you tell (or PM) the dealer's name please?

It is the Renault garage in sandymount! I just rang them and asked him what was the best deal. He said he had a megane on lot and he would give me €4500 scrappage on this car only. But if I picked another model he would give me a different deal! I think the price of the megane was €23500 as it wasn't basic model.

• Advertisement

Ford are now doing a scrappage deal themselves, for example on a Ford Focus Titanium you would get 4.000€ scrappage for your car, on top of additional 1.000€ discount (which Nissan do not offer, I believe). At least this discount was offered at the Tallaght dealer in Airton Road, not sure about others. This is valid for both 152 and 161 plates (new cars only).
    PCP rate is 7.3% though, if you avail of the above deal!

If you don't need scrappage, PCP rate varies from 1.9% to 3.9% depending on the trim.

I would stay away from any PCP for a Focus, as the Guaranteed Minimum Future Vaue is only about 27% of the retail price after 36 months.
    While this gives you equity should the car be worth more than that, it increases the monthly repayments significantly and the dealer themselves predicted about 6.000€ equity only, after 36 months.

Advertisement