Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell dock has stopped working - Windows Vista

Options
  • 08-10-2015 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Dell dock has stopped working - Windows Vista
    Hey, I need help with this please,

My laptop froze the other day when I was switching from Google Chrome to Mozilla Firefox.
    I did a forced shutdown and restarted and logged in, after the desktop appeared a window appeared saying dell dock is not working, send report and restart, when I did this the computer froze, this has happened a number of times.

There is Windows Vista Home Basic installed on the laptop.

I have disabled Dell dock on the start up screen, and was able to access everything but when I tried to uninstall dell dock it froze.

I have done the repair disc repair on the C drive.

I have gone to last known configuration on the boot up screen.

I have done system restore.

I was able to boot up in safe mode and run Portable CCcleaner

I was able to find device manager and disable the dell dock at startup.

The the dock doesn't show up when I boot up into normal now but the desktop appears frozen when I try to click on anything.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

hmmm, that's a weird one. Can you uninstall in safe mode? If so you should attempt this.

Perhaps before doing that, you should boot and backup your files if you don't have them backed up already. I'm going to guess that this machine is old, and these symptoms could point towards something more terminal than just a problem with the dock.

Advertisement