Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to contact business

Options
  • 08-10-2015 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

Hi, please forgive me if this has been covered recently, but I am looking for some clarification regarding an issue I've been having.

Several weeks ago I dropped in a console to a computer repair facility in Dublin West. The console was repaired and I collected it the next day. I brought it home and it was now having another issue that was not present before where it would shut down sporadically.

I contacted the shop again and explained the issue. I was told it would be fixed under their warranty which was three months. I left it in last Saturday Oct 3rd and told them I would pick it up early in the week.

I drove to the shop yesterday and it was all locked up with shutters down with no explanation visible, over an hour before they were due to close according to their website.

I have since tried to call both the landline number and a mobile number which they contacted me on during the original failed repair. Both are ringing out. I've also left texts and emailed their email address with no repsonce.

Im quite skeptical with it all as I wasnt told about any expected issues with opening hours and the lack of answering phones is worrying.

Looking for advice about what to do next.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If it's a small one-person business then there may be a innocent reason such as the owner ill or accident but I'd be concerned.

Drive over at another time. If it's still closed up then ask around, some of the neighbouring businesses might be able to shed some light from the grapevine.

Advertisement