Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food in Navan

Options
  • 08-10-2015 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Anybody any ideas of a nice place to eat this Sunday in Navan? Any kind of food really.. I was thinking the Central but i'm not sure if i'ts great or not? Or any nice hotels with good food?

It will be during the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

McDonalds and SuperMacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Round O is very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Round O or Ardboyne hotel... never had a bad meal in either in years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Round O or Ardboyne hotel... never had a bad meal in either in years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

The Gaylord Tandoori Indian place is excellent!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Round O as well. Although with the rugby and soccer on it'll be rammers tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

The russel does a great sunday brunch or lunch from 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Gaylord spices is out of this world, butter chicken ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

There is an italian next door to Henry Loughrans, you have to go up the stairs to the restaurant. Its a hidden gem, best place to eat in navan and is getting more popular. Compared to Central it is much, much better value and a lot better quality too. Only 2/3 doors up from the Central, unfortunately the name escapes me.

• Advertisement

kerosene wrote:
    There is an italian next door to Henry Loughrans, you have to go up the stairs to the restaurant. Its a hidden gem, best place to eat in navan and is getting more popular. Compared to Central it is much, much better value and a lot better quality too. Only 2/3 doors up from the Central, unfortunately the name escapes me.

Is it La Cucina?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

chewed wrote: »
    Is it La Cucina?

Yeah, thats it thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

Gaylor Spices is just amazing. Zucchini is nice but a little dated, Round O is low-key and nice.

kerosene wrote: »
    Yeah, thats it thanks

I'll have to try it out some evening. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

The Gaylord Tandoori Indian place is excellent!

i was there a few weeks back and imo it was just average. 3 very nice girls working there who were very friendly but didn;t have a clue.

we had to ask 3 times for water and twice for btl of beer, they forgot our nan bread and wasn't arsed to ask as my mains was pretty dry.

table beside us also had to ask 3 times for there nan bread and mixed up a starter and mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Bit late but the crystal cafe is a brilliant place to eat, can't recommend the tapas highly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

tuborg_man wrote: »
    Bit late but the crystal cafe is a brilliant place to eat, can't recommend the tapas highly enough

Can you BYO or does it have a licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 heylin

A bit late for the OP on Oct 11, but just want to share my thoughts for future dinners.

Some of the places I like for Dinner in Navan are The Central, La Cucina, and Crave (on Railway Street). A bit outside the town, I also like the Ardboyne Hotel, O'Briens (in Johnstown village), and Willows (Old Bridge Inn at Kilcarn Bridge)

Hope this helps

tuborg_man wrote: »

I was in there for lunch on Saturday and it was very nice. The Spanish girl working there was extremely friendly. They only do Tapas after 6.30 on Thurs/Fri/Sat, so I'll have to try and get a table some evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

If you are after pizza - sopranos in the beechmount estate is absolutely amazing - Pizza there is better than the pizza i had in new york - great staff as well.

• Advertisement

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    If you are after pizza - sopranos in the beechmount estate is absolutely amazing - Pizza there is better than the pizza i had in new york - great staff as well.

Do they do take away Pizza there? The last pizza I got in Navan was from Pizza Hut...Overpriced muck IMO!

Do they do take away Pizza there? The last pizza I got in Navan was from Pizza Hut...Overpriced muck IMO!

yep - they do deliveries - 10 times better than any other - they have website and facebook page - http://pizzasoprano.ie/ - they do a 20" - it's enough for 4 - The romano is my favourite.

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    yep - they do deliveries - 10 times better than any other .

Really??? Last time we got one it was just ok, place was deserted. :confused:

bladespin wrote: »
    Really??? Last time we got one it was just ok, place was deserted. :confused:

It's normally quiet alright but it's been getting busier - it's in a spot that most people wouldn't think of going - If it was in shopping centre I think it would do well.

All I can say is i've never had a bad meal there and all my family agree!!!:)

jinkybhoy wrote:
    All I can say is i've never had a bad meal there and all my family agree!!!

jinkybhoy wrote:
    It's normally quiet alright but it's been getting busier - it's in a spot that most people wouldn't think of going - If it was in shopping centre I think it would do well.

Lolo town get their party food there, never heard a bad word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

wheres the crystal cafe? Navan has really improved dramatically on the food scene in the last 5 years, really caught up. i know small citites such as newry and kilkenny which are not half as good

Dickie10 wrote: »
    wheres the crystal cafe? Navan has really improved dramatically on the food scene in the last 5 years, really caught up. i know small citites such as newry and kilkenny which are not half as good

I managed to get into Crystal Cafe last weekend for Tapas and the food was amazing! We went for 6 tapas for €24 with fresh bread. Delicious and great value! Well worth a visit. The place was jammers and loads of people being turned away because they had no reservations.

It's located at the end of Watergate St, beside the pedestrian crossing. You'd easily walk by it!

https://goo.gl/maps/1coeVn2FTBp

Advertisement