Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hello Dog Owners, I would appreciate some Info

• 08-10-2015 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,
    I'm from Italy, i have a medium size dog, around 25kg, took from a rescue here in Italy.
    I could have the possibility to change work and come to Dublin, and i would like to know whats the life of our beloved pets there.

In the quotidianity i mean.

There are areas where they can be off leash?
    If I need to take an apartament for rent is the dog accepted?

there's others topic i need to be aware of?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Coming from a country where dogs are accepted widely in public and rented accommodation, you will find it quite difficult to keep up the same lifestyle with your pet here.

Renting with a pet is very very difficult- not impossible, but it puts you at an immediate disadvantage, especially nearer Dublin.

Public transport is pretty much a no-go with your dog, so you might need to invest in a car depending on where you live.

Restaurants and cafes, as a general rule, do not accept dogs inside, but some of them are becoming more flexible. You'd need to check ahead though.

In terms of walks for the dog, it's easier to find somewhere to let the dog off lead if you have a car and can head up the mountains or to a beach. I have no real issues finding somewhere for mine, but I did before I had a car. There are some gorgeous areas to walk in when you find them though!

Be aware that Ireland has a list of 'Restricted Breeds.' If your dog is judged to be one of these dogs, or a cross of them, then legally they must always be on a leash and muzzled when in public. This is the list.. It won't apply to you if your dog isn't any of these.

Advertisement