Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone are calling me even though I'm not with them anymore?

Options
  • 08-10-2015 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I didn't want to post this in the actual Vodafone thread in case I am being stupid. I recently unlocked my Vodafone sim card and changed to Three. I had been getting a lot of calls from Vodafone just before I changed but I always missed the call because they always call when I'm in college. I suspected they were calling because I hadn't topped up in over a month. So I put in my Three sim card, unlocked it, and I know that I am registered and everything, but I am after getting another call from Vodafone.. I didn't answer because I didn't recognise the number, but a quick google search told me it was them.

When I unlocked my sim I was able to use both of the sims, but I wanted my number to be transferred to three. I don't really know why both of them worked, but I assume now that I've registered on Three that my Vodafone sim has been inactivated.

Have I done something wrong, like skipped a step in inactivating my Vodafone sim? I don't understand why they'd still call me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Probably trying to get you back as a customer.
    I'd answer one of the calls see what it is they want then block the number if your phone allows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I didn't want to post this in the actual Vodafone thread in case I am being stupid. I recently unlocked my Vodafone sim card and changed to Three. I had been getting a lot of calls from Vodafone just before I changed but I always missed the call because they always call when I'm in college. I suspected they were calling because I hadn't topped up in over a month. So I put in my Three sim card, unlocked it, and I know that I am registered and everything, but I am after getting another call from Vodafone.. I didn't answer because I didn't recognise the number, but a quick google search told me it was them.

When I unlocked my sim I was able to use both of the sims, but I wanted my number to be transferred to three. I don't really know why both of them worked, but I assume now that I've registered on Three that my Vodafone sim has been inactivated.

Have I done something wrong, like skipped a step in inactivating my Vodafone sim? I don't understand why they'd still call me.

You'd prob be better posting to them direct..........

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1270

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Theyre calling your NUMBER not your SIM. If you port the number to a new network their sales teams will still have the correct number for you.

Answer and tell them to take your number off the list.

Advertisement