Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop HL Irish for Applied Maths??

• 08-10-2015 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm just after starting 5th year and I'm doing HL maths, physics, chemistry, biology.. I really enjoy them all and I'm hoping to pursue a career in general science or medicine, I seem to have good ability in them all (so far anyway!), I don't particularly like Irish and so I'm considering dropping to ordinary level to take on applied maths as an extra subject, is that too much maths/science?basically I'm looking for advice! I got an A in Irish for the junior cert but that was just down to rote learning and not because I'm a natural at the subject! Hopefully someone reads this that can help me! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cgill

If you want to go down the science route then those subjects will work well for you, I know people who are doing the exact same subject-wise and they seem quite happy doing them. For the Leaving Cert you really have to play to your strengths while making sure you fulfil the requirements for your courses.

If you take on Applied Maths as an extra subject you will need to be very dedicated as it can be quite difficult at times. Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Advertisement