Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which to get....6s or 6s plus?

• 08-10-2015 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭

I'm upgrading from my iphone 5 to the new model but can't decide which to get. They're both bigger than my current phone but would the plus be too big for carrying round in a jeans pocket, inside suit jacket pocket etc? My instincts say get the 6s but everyone I work with are getting bigger "phablet" type phones, ie 6plus or one of those android thingys as they are not only handier for work purposes but for watching movies/netflix on at home too.

What do you think? I know its a personal choice but has anyone regretted getting a plus or should I just get the 6s which is bigger than my current phone anyway?

Comments

I am going from a 6 to a 6s+ I got to try out my friends one its amazing honestly not a big as I thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I'm tempted to switch to an iPhone from a HTC One (m7). The m7 has the same size screen (and pretty much dimensions) as the 6, and I have an iPad so I'm thinking just the 6. If I didn't have the iPad (or MBP) I'd consider the 6+.

My reasons for considering a + is the better resolution screen (the m7 is 1080p) though in all honesty I'm not sure if the bigger size of the + is a realistic "fitted jeans" pocket accessory.

That is my current logic, though I haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. I'm also interested in any other opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

I've an ipad too but its over 3 years old at this point and in need of an upgrade as well. So I was thinking the plus could be its replacement albeit much smaller or else get the 6 and then a new ipad in 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

Hi guys

I bought an iPhone 6S just before christmas directly from apple and am currently suffering from some buyer remorse. I have until the 20th January to exchange the phone. I'm considering getting the 6S plus instead. How did people find the difference in size changing from a 6 or 5s to this model. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The jump from a 5/5s etc to a 6/6s is huge. But the jump from a 6/6s to the plus model doesn't feel that much bigger since you're already used to the size of the 6. I went with the 6 first and about a week later regretted it. Gave it to my missus and got the 6+ then and never regretted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

medic087 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I bought an iPhone 6S just before christmas directly from apple and am currently suffering from some buyer remorse. I have until the 20th January to exchange the phone. I'm considering getting the 6S plus instead. How did people find the difference in size changing from a 6 or 5s to this model. Thanks
    As per my post above where I was considering the options, I have ended up with the 6s and really like the size, performance and experience. I tried both sizes in the shops and went with the smaller one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

I went from a 6 to a 6s plus and love the size increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Idleater wrote: »
    I'm tempted to switch to an iPhone from a HTC One (m7). The m7 has the same size screen (and pretty much dimensions) as the 6, and I have an iPad so I'm thinking just the 6. If I didn't have the iPad (or MBP) I'd consider the 6+.

My reasons for considering a + is the better resolution screen (the m7 is 1080p) though in all honesty I'm not sure if the bigger size of the + is a realistic "fitted jeans" pocket accessory.

That is my current logic, though I haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. I'm also interested in any other opinions.
    I made this switch a month ago. The m7 served me well but it's time to move on! I got the 6s plus...my only advice is to get the 64 or 128, 16 is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

I went for a 6 Plus and it's great - big enough to replace my (light) use of an iPad, and the optical image stabilisation on videos (6 Plus & 6S Plus models only) is really brilliant.

The only caveat I'd have is if you have a need (or a habit of) to keep your phone in a rear or front trouser pocket - the Plus is a bit too big for that.
    It's suits me fine though, as I have a technical job, involving cargo-style work trousers with a perfect pocket on the side of my thigh (no bending), and for non-work time, it fits fine in an inside jacket pocket, or the pocket of a casual fleece.

Advertisement