Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solas run for life

Options
  • 08-10-2015 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi does anyone know what the minimum sponsorship is to take part in the run for life as finding it hard to get sponsorship as other people I know well are doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Hi does anyone know what the minimum sponsorship is to take part in the run for life as finding it hard to get sponsorship as other people I know well are doing it?

Theres no minimum this year. What ever you can give is accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Theres no minimum this year. What ever you can give is accepted.

You'd have thought that would be the norm. Did they ACTUALLY place a minimum? Seriously?????

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

7upfree wrote: »
    You'd have thought that would be the norm. Did they ACTUALLY place a minimum? Seriously?????

What part of "there is no minimum" is confusing you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

There was a minimum before, or possibly a different run. Think it was 25euro

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There was a minimum before, or possibly a different run. Think it was 25euro

Not sure what it was but there was certainly a min fundraising amount that was required in prev years. Think it may have been around 100e...thats what somebody mentioned to me at the weekend anyway,

I only remember this as people I had worked with were planning on taking part and I said I'd run with them but then found out I'd have had to raise money first and I couldn't just pay a entry fee like with normal events.

I'd imagine the dropped the min fundraising amount as they may have been loosing people to other running events...since there's so many to choose from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Last year originally had a €50 minimum but they dropped it a little before the run

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭brickysession

The previous minimum was €250 which put off a lot of individuals. Great that they have dropped the minimum and hopefully the numbers taking part will be maintained and now with the introduction of a 5 mile option it should attract a bigger participation.

What part of "there is no minimum" is confusing you?

I'm speaking about the previous ones you clown. Is that clear enough for your brain?

The previous minimum was €250

Absolute madness.

Advertisement