Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

that is actually not that bad for NY to be honest. The normal formula for hotels in NY is as follows:

Cheap and Clean and Central. Choose 2.

Cheap and clean tend to be out side of Manha (either an outer borough or across the hudson in NJ.
    Cheap and central tend to be fleatraps/bed bug central
    Clean and Central tend to not be that cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Yeah I had a feeling that would be the case I think the hotel charges another $100 then. Any hotel sites that price in euro are going to be poor value now with the exchange rate the way it is so if the rates improve, and I hope they do or we will be eating in McDonald's for the duration of our stay, I'll look again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

julyjane wrote: »
    Any hotel sites that price in euro are going to be poor value now with the exchange rate the way it is so if the rates improve, and I hope they do or we will be eating in McDonald's for the duration of our stay, I'll look again.

If anything rates are going to get even worse as the US have strongly indicated they will start increasing interest rates in the coming months. That will strengthen the US$ Vs all other currencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

julyjane wrote: »
    Yeah I had a feeling that would be the case I think the hotel charges another $100 then. Any hotel sites that price in euro are going to be poor value now with the exchange rate the way it is so if the rates improve, and I hope they do or we will be eating in McDonald's for the duration of our stay, I'll look again.

US interest rates will start to go up soon which will only strengthen the USD exchange rate. That hotel is offering a discount for upfront payment so if I was you and could afford to, I'd pay them now in USD. You can use travel insurance to recoup most of the money if you have to cancel because of illness. You'd need to have the travel policy in place before you book and pay for the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

coylemj wrote: »
    US interest rates will start to go up soon which will only strengthen the USD exchange rate. That hotel is offering a discount for upfront payment so if I was you and could afford to, I'd pay them now in USD. You can use travel insurance to recoup most of the money if you have to cancel because of illness. You'd need to have the travel policy in place before you book and pay for the hotel.

^^^ Sound advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement