If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

42/43" Smart TV's

Options
  • 08-10-2015 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Any decent deals on 42-43" Tv's at the moment.  Looking for a smart TV with a few HDMI connections. I am based in Dublin and therefore paying in Monopoly money €.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

apologies for the double post, I don't know what happened.  I also should have noted that my budget is approx 500 - 700 with a little wriggle room.

Cheers

C

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Cionn wrote: »
    apologies for the double post, I don't know what happened.  I also should have noted that my budget is approx 500 - 700 with a little wriggle room.

Cheers

C
    Cionn,

no problem on the double post - its happened me a couple of times recently so I don't think it's just you!

On the TV front - I would really recommend the following:

Sony KDL43W756 - this is a really stylish TV with a great spec - its android and Smart of course and its also got a decent Satellite tuner built in - it has a really stylish super slim silver bezel so it really looks slick - it uses Sony's 800hz motion control so the on-screen movement is really good and the audio is also surprisingly good - its £479.00 - but I can do it at €669 and that pricing includes delivery and a 6 year warranty!
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201392-bravia-kdl43w756cbu.aspx

Sony 48W705 - a bit of a left-field one here - I know you suggested 40-43" but this is excellent value at £499 and I can do it at just €679 on a Boardie price ( again inc. 6 year and delivery) to be fair the spec isn't as good as the 43W756 but its a lot of (quality) TV for under €700
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201311-bravia-kdl48w705cbu.aspx

If you start to test the budget limits a little ( you did say wriggle room...) we have another left field option from Hisense - the LTDN40K321 is a well specked 4K Ultra HD TV - at €579 its a complete bargain and the picture quality is exceptional for the money - its also really well equipped with 4 HDMI inputs, 3 USB inputs and optical out! I know the name is a bit unfamiliar but if you look closely you will probably recognise its very closely related to a major manufacturer ;)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201578-ltdn40k321uwts.aspx

Finally - and this is where the budget stretch comes in - if it was me and I did have some wriggle room, even if it meant waiting I'd look at the Panasonic TX40CX680 - it comprehensively busts the budget at €829 - I can only knock it down to €819 for you ( but again that includes 6 year warranty & delivery) - its just plain A M A Z I N G - Have a look at the recent What Hifi Review:
    http://www.whathifi.com/panasonic/tx-40cx680b/review

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201308-viera-tx40cx680b.aspx

Thanks again and keep us posted if you have any queries and of course if you would like to pop an order in just drop us a line to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and I'll ask Brian who runs our mail order to give you a call, chat through any queries and arrange a delivery for you,

ATVB,
    John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

John,

Thanks for the reply.  I am very interested in the Sony 43".  I am a bit wary of Sony's as their implementation of user experience can be a bit hit and miss.  Is the TV software easy to use/intuitive.  Also is there, their usual copyright restrictions when using usb keys for media etc.
    And finally if I place an order when could I expect delivery.

Thanks 

Cionn

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Cionn wrote: »
    John,

Thanks for the reply.  I am very interested in the Sony 43".  I am a bit wary of Sony's as their implementation of user experience can be a bit hit and miss.  Is the TV software easy to use/intuitive.  Also is there, their usual copyright restrictions when using usb keys for media etc.
    And finally if I place an order when could I expect delivery.

Thanks 

Cionn
    Hi Cionn.

The TV software is easy to use and is based losely on the functionality of their consoles.

As far as I know you can indeed play movies off of the USB socket on the Sony screens.
    The copyright only seems to be when playing a disc on their equipment. I ahve had the issues on both PS3 and PS4 and also their bluray players but no issues with the screens that we have came across.

If the 43" Sony was ordered over the weekend, we could have it direct shipped Monday or Tuesday and it would be delivered to yourself by Friday.

Any questions let me know or if you would like to go for one drop me an email at Kenny@richersounds.ie or PM me your contact number.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.