Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euros in Vietnam and Cambodia ?

• 08-10-2015 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi Guys, can I get away with only bringing euros to Vietnam and Cambodia instead of US dollars ? I noticed some websites talk about paying for visa on arrivals in both countries in US dollars, but can these be paid for in euros too?

Any responses appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

There's no visa on arrival for Vietnam, it has to be gotten in advance. You definitely can't use euros for your Cambodian visa, dollars only. They won't even accept Cambodian riel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Yep. Dollars. ATMs in tourist areas/built-up areas usually spurt out dollars and riel/dong.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

thanks Guys....I will bring dollars so....should I bring a number of low dollar denomination notes e.g. 1,5, 10 dollar notes ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

whiz wrote: »
    thanks Guys....I will bring dollars so....should I bring a number of low dollar denomination notes e.g. 1,5, 10 dollar notes ?

Yeah, when you're taking dollars to SE Asia, it's best to keep them to as low a denomination as possible.

There's no need to bring too much with you though. Like Sarkozy said, the ATMs dispense dollars. Your bank card is the safest and most convenient way to carry cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

whiz wrote: »
    Hi Guys, can I get away with only bringing euros to Vietnam and Cambodia instead of US dollars ? I noticed some websites talk about paying for visa on arrivals in both countries in US dollars, but can these be paid for in euros too?

Any responses appreciated.
    I would take dollars, they were accepted everywhere in VN. The visa we booked through myvietnamvisa.com and when we arrived we lined up at a booth in the arrivals part of the airport with our letter from the website, they processes the visa, we had to pay about $20 to the website and another $20 cash per person at the airport get the actual visa put into our passports. You can only do this if you arrive by air into HCMC, Hanoi or Da Nang

• Advertisement
Advertisement