Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Certifications - How long does it take to prepare?

Options
  • 09-10-2015 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I looked around but couldn't find concrete information on this, but if I wanted to take a Microsoft exam (possibly Server 2012) with little knowledge of the subject, roughly how long does it take to get a good enough grasp for the exam if I studied a few hours a day? Weeks or months?

I ask because MS are currently offering a free retake of failed exams up until January but I don't want to book an exam for before then if it actually takes months to study the material and prepare for it.

Anyone have any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,794 ✭✭✭✭L1011

How little knowledge is the critical question

If you've never sat in front of a server before and don't know what Active Directory is, you won't have enough time. If its simply a case of needing to know what questions they'll ask on it, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I'm doing the MCSA in server 2012. Its 3 exams. Its quite a hard Cert to get. It would be hard enough to do by January even doing it full time. Well that's if you wanna do it the right way. And actually learn it.

The MTA could be done easily by January but that's server 2008 and one exam.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

People in the Cork training centre (Fas as I would remember it) are knocking out the MCSA over 30 weeks - thats full time 5 days a week , however thats taking people with no knowledge and working from there.
    I'd find it hard to believe someone getting the 3 by January , unless of course you're just brain dumping it.
    Which is a monumental waste of time.

Advertisement