Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switch to pre-pay

Options
  • 09-10-2015 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi Guys, I am interested in switching from Aitricity direct debit electricity to Eectric Ireland prepay pay as you go meter.

Can you please advise of installation costs of equipment please?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi kop-end,

Thanks for your message.

Installation of an Electric Ireland Pay As You Go meter is free, for more information please check out our website {url=https://www.electricireland.ie/residential/products/electricity-and-gas-offers/pay-as-you-go-electricity]here[/url]. Alternatively you can call our Pay As You Go team on 1850 305 095.

We hope this helps. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

hi are you sure its free

Hi massy086,

Thanks for your message.

Just to confirm the installation of an Electric Ireland Pay As You Go meter is free and takes no more than 40 minutes.

More information is available here.

Should you have any other queries please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hi massy086,

Thanks for your message.

Just to confirm the installation of an Electric Ireland Pay As You Go meter is free and takes no more than 40 minutes.

More information is available here.

Should you have any other queries please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Hi brige is the gas one also free to be installed. I am a new customer and took both gas and electricity with electric Ireland. I would like a pay as you go meter installed. But was told it would be 110euro to have it installed. I had it in my old property and it was free to install.??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

massy086 wrote: »
    Hi brige is the gas one also free to be installed. I am a new customer and took both gas and electricity with electric Ireland. I would like a pay as you go meter installed. But was told it would be 110euro to have it installed. I had it in my old property and it was free to install.??

The gas isn't free to install. Some companies advertised as 'free' but it's actually no upfront cost and is taken as a 25% recoup on top ups until the 110.53 is paid back

• Advertisement

Hi massy086,

Thanks for your message.

It is free to install the Pay As You Go electricity meter, however there is a charge to have a Pay As You Go gas meter installed.

The fee to install the gas Pay As You Go meter is €110.35 which is applied to the meter itself, then 25% of each top up you add to the meter is deducted until this balance is cleared.

More information on Pay As You Go gas can be found here, and the unit prices for the gas supply which can be found here.

It is important to note that if you are renting the property that you will need either written or verbal permission from the property owner prior to having the meter installed.

There is also a charge to remove the meter should you choose to do so, and this fee is €199.13.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

kop-end wrote:
    Hi Guys, I am interested in switching from Aitricity direct debit electricity to Eectric Ireland prepay pay as you go meter.

Get Airtricity to switch you to Prepay (they don't charge for meters) there is no contract and once you have the meters you can switch to any provider then

Advertisement