Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 kids aged 3 to 12: where to go

Options
  • 09-10-2015 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

So I I've been tasked with finding a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon with five kids, aged 3, 5, 6, 10 & 12. All boys except the 5yo girl, if that bakes a difference.

Hit me with your best suggestions for somewhere to bring them all so that the 12yo isn't bored and the 3yo isn't left out of activities! Can be in Dublin or surrounding counties.

Happy to spend some money, but Tayto Park looked like it would get pricey for 5 kids & 2 adults (probably about €200 before we buy even a bag of crisps), so somewhere less expensive would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

What about Fort lucan? My nephews always enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Pines wrote: »
    So I I've been tasked with finding a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon with five kids, aged 3, 5, 6, 10 & 12. All boys except the 5yo girl, if that bakes a difference.

Hit me with your best suggestions for somewhere to bring them all so that the 12yo isn't bored and the 3yo isn't left out of activities! Can be in Dublin or surrounding counties.

Happy to spend some money, but Tayto Park looked like it would get pricey for 5 kids & 2 adults (probably about €200 before we buy even a bag of crisps), so somewhere less expensive would be great.

€200 in Tayto park would get you membership for whole year for that group! Fair enough you have to buy extra tokens when you go in but it should still be shy of €200.

The Zoo is another obvious option. The 12 year old should still enjoy it. Viking Splash tour maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The Zoo! Put your mobile number on 5 pieces of paper and stick them in their pockets/in their shoes. Just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Pines

Thanks all, a few ideas there I hadn't thought of.

If anyone else wants to chip in, great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Botanic gardens do a nature trail for kids.
    It also links to glasnevin cemetery with its museum and tour.
    Might be too Scary for the younger kids.

Advertisement