Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to talk abou Wetek

Options
  • 09-10-2015 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hy guys.

im creating this topic to talk about the wetek.

im a big fan off it and would like some guidance about it.

Ty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sheepeater

NO replience?

Has anybody tried to use a wetek?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

sheepeater wrote: »
    NO replience?

Has anybody tried to use a wetek?

What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

degsie wrote: »
    What is it?

http://openelec.tv/openelec-box

Openelec pushing it very hard.

i recieved my wetek with openelec friday and im figuring out how it works with tvheadend. any sugestion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

I hadn't heard about these. Might be what I need in my move away from Windows Media Center.

Anyone got it set up for DvbS2 to Freesat channels specifically? How snappy is the guide?
    I tried to move over before with Xbmc and tvheadend but it failed the wife and kids e.
    There was about a 2 second delay in changing the channels and that was enough to make it feel vastly inferior to WMC for them.

• Advertisement

sonn there will be a new wetek ( core) but i wouldn t recommend it for you because the focus is NOT tv.

i would recommend however the wetek play or Openelec. with the new decoder the changing of channels is abot 1 sec.

its still work in progress but its showing some great progress.

about the setup its possible no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

haven't heard much about it? do you know when it comes out?

does anyone know if its possible to install lms on the openelec?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Has anyone got a weetek play and are the using it for TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Lads, might be a stupid question, but which of these boxes should I be going for ?

http://webshop.openelec.tv/

I heard a lad going on about Openelec and the above boxes seem to be popular, but as I said I'm fairly clueless in the whole area.

Treepole wrote: »
    Lads, might be a stupid question, but which of these boxes should I be going for ?

http://webshop.openelec.tv/

I heard a lad going on about Openelec and the above boxes seem to be popular, but as I said I'm fairly clueless in the whole area.
    What is it you will be using the box for will it just be kodi or will you be hooking it up 2 a sat dish also with a cline?

massy086 wrote: »
    What is it you will be using the box for will it just be kodi or will you be hooking it up 2 a sat dish also with a cline?

Initially just for Kodi.

Initially just for Kodi.
    Tbh if it's just for kodi you can run openelec on mxq boxs and they are twice as fast as these. Mxq is dual core and these are only dual. What part of the country are u based in

Tbh if it's just for kodi you can run openelec on mxq boxs and they are twice as fast as these. Mxq is dual core and these are only dual. What part of the country are u based in

The box will be based in Limerick

The box will be based in Limerick
    Ah if you where in Dublin I could of sorted u out. Go onto adverts and buy one close to you. Make sure the model you buy has a red led under the power button on the remote. As these are the most compatible with the openelec builds

Ah if you where in Dublin I could of sorted u out. Go onto adverts and buy one close to you. Make sure the model you buy has a red led under the power button on the remote. As these are the most compatible with the openelec builds

Sound. Thanks for that.

Advertisement