Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line speed cap

Options
  • 09-10-2015 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been trying to get an answer to this enquiry via PM for 5 weeks. Thought I'd bring it public again. My line is capped at 60MB/s on a 100MB/s package. I'd like to have the max speed reviewed given that the installation engineer advised higher speeds were possible.

Can you advise how best to organise a review of the cap?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

Would it not be easier to ring broadband technical support and ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Feasog Dearg

Would it not be easier to ring broadband technical support and ask them?
    Perhaps I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Feasog Dearg

I'm sorry about the delays. It would be best to speak to our technical support team on 1890260260 in relation to this but if you experience any issues in reaching them please PM me your land line number or account number and I'll request clarification from support on your behalf.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭kooga

Hi,

I've been trying to get an answer to this enquiry via PM for 5 weeks. Thought I'd bring it public again. My line is capped at 60MB/s on a 100MB/s package. I'd like to have the max speed reviewed given that the installation engineer advised higher speeds were possible.

Thanks.
    interesting point, today my wife rang eircom as our efibre broadband has been a bit hit and miss, the technician she spoke to reduced the existing speed of 80MB/s to 60MB/s for stability. Our line is up to 100MB/s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

kooga wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been trying to get an answer to this enquiry via PM for 5 weeks. Thought I'd bring it public again. My line is capped at 60MB/s on a 100MB/s package. I'd like to have the max speed reviewed given that the installation engineer advised higher speeds were possible.

Thanks.
    interesting point, today my wife rang eircom as our efibre broadband has been a bit hit and miss, the technician she spoke to reduced the existing speed of 80MB/s to 60MB/s for stability. Our line is up to 100MB/s
    Hi kooga

The lines Distance from the cabinet affects the speed it can hold. this is why the term 'up to' is used when advertising and providing speeds. More details can be found here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband.html

When speeds are reduced to help stability that basically is done as the speed assigned was too much for what the line could hold and the modem was focusing more attention on delivering the speeds and nesting some of it's responsability to deliver a steady connection

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement