Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double price renewal

Options
  • 09-10-2015 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just received my renewal for insurance in the post. It's more than doubled for no reason. It's higher than I have ever paid for insurance.
    Can you let me know why premiums have increased drastically for a number of people? I'm just trying to understand a reason for your price gouging. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Effects wrote: »
    Hi, I just received my renewal for insurance in the post. It's more than doubled for no reason. It's higher than I have ever paid for insurance.
    Can you let me know why premiums have increased drastically for a number of people? I'm just trying to understand a reason for your price gouging. 
    Hi Effects
    Can you PM me with your policy details and we will take a look into this for you.
    Regards 
    Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

The agent will knock a few hundred off at least, their discretionary buffer. Don't understand why insurance companies can't have clear standardised pricing for their policies. Basic tactic is try to charge you something ridiculous and hope you don't notice. Then drop the price for those who complain loudest or threaten to leave. Haggling is alive and well in the insurance industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

My policy went from €470 to over €1200, knocking a few hundred off won't cut it. It's price gouging, clear and simple. I'm just going to go with a different company but I'll switch multiple policies I have, not just this one.

Advertisement