Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What steps to take before selling PS3

• 09-10-2015 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm after getting a PS4 so it's time to sell the PS3. So I'm just wondering what do I need to do before I sell it?

I'll need to remove my stored data from it; am I right in saying that I can either "format the HDD" or "restore the PS3 to factory settings"?

I presume then I just need to deactivate the PS3 from my PSN account?

Do I need to transfer any stored data from the PS3 to my PS4, or is everything automatically downloaded from my PSN account when I activate the PS4?

Anything else I need to do?

I'll probably sell my PS3, controllers and games to CEX and stock up on PS4 games and another controller from them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Yea, just wipe it. You won't need anything off the PS3 unless it's like Movies or Music, something like that. If so, get a large USB stick and transfer to the new system.

Not sure what you need by transferring Stored data from PS3 to PS4, PS4 is not backwards compatible with the older platforms. Everything you have bought before on PSN is still attached to your console.

Are you a PS+ subscriber?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Yea, just wipe it. You won't need anything off the PS3 unless it's like Movies or Music, something like that. If so, get a large USB stick and transfer to the new system.

Not sure what you need by transferring Stored data from PS3 to PS4, PS4 is not backwards compatible with the older platforms. Everything you have bought before on PSN is still attached to your console.

Are you a PS+ subscriber?

Thanks for the help :)

Nope I'm not a PS+ subscriber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Sorry,just reread my post, what you have bought is attached to your PSN account,not the console.

Say you wanted a PS3 again in the future, you could redownload everything again.

Advertisement