Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munchy Box

Options
  • 09-10-2015 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey all,

My friend told me about the munchy/munchie box that Chinese take aways are starting to do.

He seen it on Facebook but the person that posted it never said where they ordered it from.

Just wondering if anyone knows any takeaways that are doing the box in Dublin preferably the Northside.

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I think that what you're talking about is called a spice bag in Ireland. People here in the Dublin City forum should be able to help you.

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The spice bag is so last week...

A bit of info here OP http://www.dailyedge.ie/what-is-a-munchy-box-2377489-Oct2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Tabnabs wrote: »

Id say that Dr O'Shea fella whos on the radio alot will have a heart attack when he hears about that. It looks like a box of indigestion

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Ah you'd give it a go, just the once!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Ah you'd give it a go, just the once!

ah yeah,,,,,,, after an afternoons drinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Huza91

Yeah exactly just looking to buy it the once and share it between 3 people :)

So any chinese take aways in north dublin selling them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Eddie's Dynasty on the Ballymun Rd, beside Supervalu are doing it. Yu Hong House, Foo lok and Garden House are doing it in Blanchardstown. There's a place in Cabra doing it, don't know the name sorry just saw it on FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Huza91

Awesome :) Thank you so much :) Anywhere near Coolock???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Ah god lads, I'm salivating. My local takeaway doesn't do them, so ordered myself a feast of spring rolls, fried rice and crispy shredded chicken in salt and chili. It had better get here soon. I really want to try a munchy box though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Huza91 wrote: »
    Awesome :) Thank you so much :) Anywhere near Coolock???

I've been told golden city in darndale are doing them, but no mention on the menu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

King Kebab in Athlone do a serious munchy box.

Easily feeds two. Myself and herself will have one between us the odd Friday we stay in as w cheat after a hard weeks training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

+ "You know Chen, I was thinking... Every night we take the left over chicken balls and chips, and throw them out. Why don't we just sell them the next day?"

- "Cause they taste fvcking manky the next day".

+ "You know, I heard before that the reason that Indian food has so much spice in it is that traditionally, being such a hot and poor country, people would often not want to throw spoiled rotten meat out, as it was better to risk it than go hungry. So they'd add all the spices to mask the awful awful taste. "

- " What's your point? "

+ "... Dig that stuff back out of the bin there and throw me some chilli and salt. I have a cunning plan."

OneOfThem wrote: »
    + "You know Chen, I was thinking... Every night we take the left over chicken balls and chips, and throw them out. Why don't we just sell them the next day?"

- "Cause they taste fvcking manky the next day".

+ "You know, I heard before that the reason that Indian food has so much spice in it is that traditionally, being such a hot and poor country, people would often not want to throw spoiled rotten meat out, as it was better to risk it than go hungry. So they'd add all the spices to mask the awful awful taste. "

- " What's your point? "

+ "... Dig that stuff back out of the bin there and throw me some chilli and salt. I have a cunning plan."

That doesn't matter when it's delicious...

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Does anyone know anywhere that sells it in the southside? Dying to try one

Does anyone know anywhere that sells it in the southside? Dying to try one

One of the Chinese in ballyfermot do it not sure of the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The Far East in Ballyfermot do a munchy box and a yummy box

January wrote: »
    One of the Chinese in ballyfermot do it not sure of the name.

A Chinese do a munchy box? They do much other Indian food?

A Chinese do a munchy box? They do much other Indian food?

The munchy box going around at the moment (the one talked about in the OP) is a new one from the Chinese take aways filled with salt and chilli chips, salt and chilli chicken, chicken balls, chicken wings and sometimes ribs/trigons/crispy chilli beef etc.

The munchy box going around at the moment (the one talked about in the OP) is a new one from the Chinese take aways filled with salt and chilli chips, salt and chilli chicken, chicken balls, chicken wings and sometimes ribs/trigons/crispy chilli beef etc.

A sad imposter of the one true munchy box.

A sad imposter of the one true munchy box.

Ah now, not an imposter, a delicious cousin from China. (I know salt and chilli chips are not actually from China, but work with me here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭LeBash

Chess on Manner street doing them

Ah now, not an imposter, a delicious cousin from China. (I know salt and chilli chips are not actually from China, but work with me here)

I actually love salt and chili chicken... Big fan of a spicebag of a hungover Sunday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

To the person looking for a munchy box in Coolock, the Jazz in coolock village are doing them now.

According to their Facebook, it contains salt and chilli chips, salt and chilli chicken, ribs, wings, chicken balls, onion rings and sauce of choice. 9.50 for a small one, 18 for large

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dan79

a place called Gourmet kitchen in cabra that does amazing munchy box got one last nite absolutely gorgeous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Dan79 wrote: »
    a place called Gourmet kitchen in cabra that does amazing munchy box got one last nite absolutely gorgeous

Details please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thanks. Its beyond the statue..I don't venture up that far :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Was in shanghai last week and everyone was tucking into munchie boxes and 3in1's with chicken balls.

Advertisement