Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to Ennis

• 09-10-2015 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am a single mother with two children in primary school. Looking to move from Kildare to Clare as I need to downsize and am looking for a new start.

Ennis seems like a great town with character and the housing seems affordable (my budget to buy is low!).

My question is what is it like as a town for families/ kids/ young people? We will know no one if we move and even though we have visited, it's hard to get a feel for family life there.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Deagol

Hi, Ennis is probably fairly 'standard' for kids / families.

Plenty of clubs and activities if desired. Leisure club with swimming pool plus the running track and outdoor activities area at Lees Road. There's a playground just outside the centre of the town that's hugely popular and also a smaller area at Ballyalla lake with walks etc.

There's also the bowling alley and cinema for the rainy days plus plenty of clubs like GAA, gymnastics, gyms, badminton, scouts etc.

How much you get to know people I would guess will depend on where you live (in an estate or single house) and where you work and shop. As I always point out, if you want to make friends, it's up to you to approach people not the other way round!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I think it's a very family friendly place to live because there is a high proportion of young people and young families here. You don't get that situation you have in a lot of other small Irish towns where everybody is gone after they're 18. A lot of people working in Galway, Limerick and Shannon are living in Ennis giving it a less colloquial feel than some places. There are a lot of people living here from Dublin, the UK and so on as well so it's not like you'd feel like a blow in if you're trying to make friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Yep, I agree with the above posters. I'd say it wouldn't be the worst place to go to.

Advertisement