Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Offer

Options
  • 09-10-2015 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi guys I'm not sure if any of you will know the answer to this question but anyway it's worth a go. Argos have a bundle of a 500gb Xbox One with a Fifa 16 download, but in the offer section it says that if you tick the box you get an Xbox one controller for free. What I'm wondering is does this mean that you essentially get two free controllers, as I assume there's one that already comes with the console as standard, or if it's just one?

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

well every xbox comes with one controller by standard (edit: default?), so technically you are not getting 2 free, because you're already paying for one with the xbox :D

so you would have 2 controllers, 1 for free.

/edit: you mean the offer for 369, right? the controller is valued at 55, so just make sure they are not charging you 424.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

murfilein wrote: »
    well every xbox comes with one controller by standard, so technically you are not getting 2 free, because you're already paying for one with the xbox :D

so you would have 2 controllers, 1 for free.

Ah well of course, it never dawns on me to actually factor in the controller to the overall price 😂

Thank you for clearing that one up!

Edit: Yep I mean this one here - http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4457910/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/3|19780877|Xbox+One|37328270/c_3/4|cat_37328270|Xbox+One+consoles|37328802.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

when you buy it, just read the description on the box of the xbox itself while you are at argos, it tells you whats inside. just incase you're getting a strange model that doesnt come with a controller (doesnt exist, but you know, just to be safe), you can return it while still in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Seems They've stopped doing the controller now. Unless i'm missing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Korvanica wrote: »
    Seems They've stopped doing the controller now. Unless i'm missing it?

You mean you don't know about the secret menu? You need to know the special handshake.

Argos change their console bundle offers regularly. Now that Microsoft offer way more bundles, there's greater potential for future Argos offers to be better in the coming weeks. November is always a great month for console bundles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement