Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poacher alarm

Options
  • 09-10-2015 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Anyone know if these are legal or available in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭oldtart

bog_savage wrote: »

They are legal. The only problem is you'll need a shotgun licence to legally hold the blank ammunition.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

bog_savage wrote: »

Yeah if you have a shotgun cert to buy 12 ga blanks....And dont mind putting up signs all over the place to alert them of this device being in place.Which kind of defeats the purpose.
    Cheaper and more effective ..Get a old nokia 5110 mobile and modify or get it modified to work as a trip wire alarm? Silent and it alerts you globally as to the fact someone is messing about on your property..
    Google mobile phone modified to work as an alarm .

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Yeah if you have a shotgun cert to buy 12 ga blanks....And dont mind putting up signs all over the place to alert them of this device being in place.Which kind of defeats the purpose.
    Cheaper and more effective ..Get a old nokia 5110 mobile and modify or get it modified to work as a trip wire alarm? Silent and it alerts you globally as to the fact someone is messing about on your property..
    Google mobile phone modified to work as an alarm .

or something for this century:eek:,an acorn gamecam with inbuilt sim/sms capabilities ,that takes an actuall picture ,bagillian mega pixel , and sends it to your iPhone ''globally'',better option in my opinion ,a picture paints a thousand words,etc;),that way you can get their reg,name,address,and burn them in their rat infested beds:D:D:D.

or something for this century:eek:,an acorn gamecam with inbuilt sim/sms capabilities ,that takes an actuall picture ,bagillian mega pixel , and sends it to your iPhone ''globally'',better option in my opinion ,a picture paints a thousand words,etc;),that way you can get their reg,name,address,and burn them in their rat infested beds:D:D:D.

And costs 10 times as much as the previous suggestions.Can be a PITFH to set up and has a good chance of being nicked or destroyed if discoverd.Also they blur out with their IR flash car reg plates ar night.Been there ,dont get me wrong they are great in the right circumstances but are not a cure all either.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

or that way you can get their reg,name,address,and burn them in their rat infested beds:D:D:D.

Love this ... I am fed up of the plague of two legged vermin that think game and shooting is free....

Any game that is plentiful is put there by clubs/lads putting their hands into their pockets...and working like mad to protect it from all vermin..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

I thought alarm mines were illegal here due to the fact that you could possibly put live ammunition in them:confused::confused::confused:

Mezamo wrote: »
    I thought alarm mines were illegal here due to the fact that you could possibly put live ammunition in them:confused::confused::confused:

The commercial models available here cant by law have any sort of barrel or are unable to accept a 2in or greater shot shell.
    Maybe the old victorian or muzzle loader types could do this.But setting one up with a live load would be tatamount to pre mediated murder.

Advertisement