Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estee Lauder Double wear light discontinued - Recommend something similar??

Options
  • 09-10-2015 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

As the title says, can anyone recommend a foundation that isnt too heavy and lasts most of the day? I loved the double wear light but now that its gone i need to find something to replace it.

Don't like Mac so want to stay away from them. I was rushing in the airport the time i needed foundation so when i couldnt get the Estee she recommended Chanel one, but its not great at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

When did it become discontinued? I bought some only about 2 weeks ago, its my everyday foundation!

I sometimes use Bobbi Brown skin finish (I think that's the proper name), I find them quite similar. I'm tempted to try Nars Sheer Glow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

andreac wrote: »
    As the title says, can anyone recommend a foundation that isnt too heavy and lasts most of the day? I loved the double wear light but now that its gone i need to find something to replace it.

Don't like Mac so want to stay away from them. I was rushing in the airport the time i needed foundation so when i couldnt get the Estee she recommended Chanel one, but its not great at all.

Ive never tried any of the estee lauder but No7 recently brought out a new foundation, its called airbrush away and I find it fantastic. It feels like silk going onto to skin and doesnt feel any way heavy while wearing it, easily buildable depending on how much coverage you want (I personally like a full coverage). There is no spf so no ghost face and it doesnt look like a mask either. Its taken the place of my beloved inglot hd foundation :)
    Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

When I tried to get it in the airport back in August she told me it was discontinued but maybe some places still have stock.

I haven't tried to get it in the shops since so I must try and see of places have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I really don't think it has been discontinued.. its one of their bestsellers so I'd be very suprised if they did!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Debnehams have it - got it last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Scraggs wrote: »
    I really don't think it has been discontinued.. its one of their bestsellers so I'd be very suprised if they did!

That's what the lady at the estee counter said in the airport, that it's one of their best sellers so she couldn't understand why they were discontinuing it. Hopefully some shops still have stock. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was told my foundation was discontinued in one branch of Boots some years back and when I actually contacted Estee Lauder directly, they asked me what store I had been to.

When I told them which Boots it was, Estee Lauder called them and it turned out the shop just didn't have any instock.
    So it could be that the shop didn't have any..keep looking, I bet it's still available in other shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

Discontinued in that airport shop maybe! I can't see EL stopping to make that. Its so popular. If you want a new foundation to try go for Inglot HD perfect cover up. Amazing product I'm actually in love with it. Its expensive (for me) for an everyday foundation but I am using it all the time now. I feel so much more confident with it. It goes on lovely and works well for a max coverage foundation. I start using a stippling brush recently too and the difference is amazing. Lasts all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

Lancome Teint Miracle is also fantastic if you are looking for something lightweight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I use Chanel les beiges all in one healthy glow fluid its fab - light so not a full foundation but enough to give basic coverage and some colour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Every time I see the title of this thread I die a little inside.

Love DW light. Got some the other day in Arnotts and nothing was mentioned about it being discontinued.

Every time I see the title of this thread I die a little inside.

Love DW light. Got some the other day in Arnotts and nothing was mentioned about it being discontinued.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

Double Wear Light HAS been discontinued. I work for an Estee Lauder brand and it was announced mid-summer.

Try Stila stay all day (available in Harvey Nichols and M&S) it's a similar consistency and is very long wearing without feeling heavy on the skin.

How come Arnotts or Debenhams staff haven't been informed of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

Taboola wrote: »
    How come Arnotts or Debenhams staff haven't been informed of this?

I'm sure they have. They'd be encouraged not to broadcast it to sell the remaining stock I'd say.

Advertisement