Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is apple music worth it?

• 09-10-2015 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting apple music but idk if its worth it, what are your thoughts on it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I think it's a pretty good price for what you get - unlimited music, and there's a lot of stuff on there. I've pretty specific musical tastes and the For You section has been filled with great suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Free trial period?

Try it...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Rorok wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting apple music but idk if its worth it, what are your thoughts on it

I prefer Spotify as I've been subscribing to it for 2 years (well I actually get the premium version free).

I find it far easier to use than Apple Music, I also find the 'Discover Weekly' section amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

definitely for spotify...even trying to create a playlist on the music app is headwrecking. Plus and this is big plus..music on spotify is louder. I played the same couple of songs on both and spotify was miles louder by at least 30% I reckon.
    Doesn't mean I'm blaring it but for a bit of rock I definitely like the louder volume.

Apparently people are blaming the Facebook app for affecting the volume and you need to kill it in the background.
    Others are saying its the EQ setting..once disabled for music the volume returns to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT204939

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Blazer wrote: »
    definitely for spotify...even trying to create a playlist on the music app is headwrecking. Plus and this is big plus..music on spotify is louder. I played the same couple of songs on both and spotify was miles louder by at least 30% I reckon.
    Doesn't mean I'm blaring it but for a bit of rock I definitely like the louder volume.

Apparently people are blaming the Facebook app for affecting the volume and you need to kill it in the background.
    Others are saying its the EQ setting..once disabled for music the volume returns to normal.
    Spotify hasnt got taylor swift though :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Mr.S wrote: »
    Spotify for Chromecast support alone tbh.

You could say the exact same thing for Apple Music & Airplay.

miralize wrote: »
    You could say the exact same thing for Apple Music & Airplay.

No shes back on apple music now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Blazer wrote: »

Having Facebook open in the background effects any audio I play whether it's podcasts or Spotify or Apple Music.

Apple Music volume levels are much quieter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Been using the free sub of Apple Music for the last couple of months and never really developed a liking for it.
    Thought I'd give Spotify a go after reading this thread and much happier with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Mr.S wrote: »
    Well yeah if you had Apple TV (which is 2/3 times the price of Chromecast!)

(plus, Chromecast is way better suited tbh)

Or an airplay audio device like an airport express

Has spotify got taylor swift back cause if it does Ill get spotify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Rorok wrote: »
    Has spotify got taylor swift back cause if it does Ill get spotify

No it doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fugenxltd

Try it, its Good

Advertisement