Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandwich toaster

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Ever try cooking eggs in one ? They're awesome (& shaped), rub a little butter on the bottom plate, heat it up, crack the egg in, close & about three minutes later you have a perfectly done triangular egg with a soft yolk.

Another favourite in our hose it the toasted egg sandwich. Beat an egg in a cup, butter the outside of the bread, place in toaster & press down into plate & let start to heat up. Pour egg into shallows (it will over run a little), put another slice on top & close & cook. Try not to burn your mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Nah ... Ballymaloe relish, perhaps, but not ketchup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Nah ... Ballymaloe relish, perhaps, but not ketchup!

It's also apparently a Dutch thing. I'm not totally appalled by the idea TBH. My curiosity is piqued! My fiancé loves ketchup so I think he would definitely try this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Saw this Buzzfeed article or however you could describe it yesterday.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/samstryker/fyi-you-need-to-be-eating-your-grilled-cheese-with-ketchup?bffbmain&utm_term=.rv9ny0nZ6#.kqaa0OaVN

Having toasties with ketchup. Just another stupid Buzzfeed list but the comments underneath are interesting. Seems to be mostly Canadian and American people commenting and they are mostly alternately aghast and bemused at people not dipping their toasties in ketchup. I don't believe I have ever seen anyone do this in Ireland, but to some people commenting, it's hard to imagine not doing it. Interesting to learn of food traditions in other countries!
    Dont know about ketchup but Tomato soup and toasties are amazing together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Thargor wrote: »
    Dont know about ketchup but Tomato soup and toasties are amazing together.

So much so, that a couple of guys who set up a food cart five years ago, now have a chain of 40 stores across the US, with some opening in the UK next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I don't believe I have ever seen anyone do this in Ireland, but to some people commenting, it's hard to imagine not doing it. Interesting to learn of food traditions in other countries!

My boss, who's half Dub half Waterford, would take ketchup with toasted sandwiches and paninis regardless of the filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

OU812 wrote: »
    So much so, that a couple of guys who set up a food cart five years ago, now have a chain of 40 stores across the US, with some opening in the UK next year
    I am in there if I ever see one.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm milling through sliced pans since I got the toaster. Woops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MsGiggles

L1011 wrote: »
    My boss, who's half Dub half Waterford, would take ketchup with toasted sandwiches and paninis regardless of the filling.

I would HAVE to have ketchup with my toastie !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Having toasties with ketchup.

In my house it was always brown sauce with cheese toasties, and there was dipping. Never ketchup but not sure why we drew our line in the sand after brown sauce!

Once put brown sauce in the toastie. It heated up to lava temps and burned the mouth off me. Lesson learned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement