Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rod stewert nowlan park kilkenny 25 june 2016

Options
  • 09-10-2015 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭

Rod Stewart playing Nowlan park kilkenny on Sat 25th June 2016. Tickets on sale Thursday 9am

Mite go to this as my bucket list will come to an end after u2 this year and I need to start a new one

Will this be the big summer show in Ireland in 2016 ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

It will be the biggest one in Kilkenny anyway but it will be far the biggest gig of the year.

He will definitely be worth a visit when he is on the door step. Good solid setlist in fairness
    1. Having a Party (Sam Cooke cover)
    2. It's a Heartache (Bonnie Tyler cover)
    3. This Old Heart of Mine (Is Weak for You) (The Isley Brothers cover)
    4. Tonight's the Night (Gonna Be Alright)
    5. Have You Ever Seen the Rain? (Creedence Clearwater Revival cover)
    6. Rhythm of My Heart
    7. Forever Young
    8. The First Cut Is the Deepest
    9. (Cat Stevens cover)
    10. I Don't Want to Talk About It (Crazy Horse cover)
    11. Baby Jane
    12. I'm Every Woman (Chaka Khan cover) (just backing vocals singing, Rod offstage)
    13. You're in My Heart (The Final Acclaim)
    14. Maggie May
    15. Stay With Me (Faces song)
    16. Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?
    17. Sailing (Sutherland Brothers cover)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

17 songs with 8 cover versions, surely a man of his back catalogue can do better

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Seated or Standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

I've seen him twice once in the RDS and once in the 3 arena, he puts on a great show.

RDS set up was seating in front of standing section ,so think this could be similar. Even with seats at the front everybody stood and danced all night.

Will be trying for whatever front of pitch is standing or sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

wacotaco wrote: »
      Seated or Standing?

His uk gigs are all seated so Id expect the same here.
      Ticket prices from 66 euro to an extortionate 121 euro plus booking fees.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

scudzilla wrote: »
      17 songs with 8 cover versions, surely a man of his back catalogue can do better
      It was actually just 16 songs as 9 was "cat stevens".

Some of those covers I understand, as they are very popular and many would not even think they are covers. I would rather see him do one of those album gigs, playing it start to finish. He has too many songs from the 80's on that I am not fond of.

I can understand he wants to keep the majority happy but I wonder if given the choice would anybody have voted to hear him play "having a party" or "its a hearbreak" over say "you wear it well" which is missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
      Did he sell out?
      not yet i imagine it will soon enough. A good christmas present for people.

would not pay 127 euro to see him though. u2 tickets were dear enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PTH2009 wrote: »
      would not pay 127 euro to see him though. u2 tickets were dear enough.
      The ticket prices are outrageous ,he is way over the hill performance wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The ticket prices are outrageous ,he is way over the hill performance wise.
      yeah like many other older artists who are milking it at this stage.

i can see this being full of drunken middle aged women and even drunker men who were dragged along lol. outdoor gigs in ireland are beginning to become unapealling due to drunkeness, drugs, bandwagoners etc

• Advertisement
    Advertisement