Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One month since ordering broadband installation

Options
  • 09-10-2015 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi. It is now well over a month since I initially called to order installation of broadband. After a couple of weeks I received a message saying that my phone line had been activated on the 9th of September.

I then received a message that a technician would come to install the broadband on the 18th of September. I tooka day off work and waited around all day on the 18th and when the technician didn't show up I called Eircom support and was told that the tech was probably delayed and would be along that evening. That was a friday so I phoned again on the monday when there had been still no appearance, and was told that the tech couldn't contact me prior to monday and so the appointment had been cancelled. 
    Another appointment was then made for the 28th of September for the technician to come out. Again I waited around all day and the tech was a no show. This time I tried the online chat support and I was told that the appointment had been cancelled on their system, when I asked why it had been cancelled they couldn't tell me, when I asked if it was usual to cancel the appointment without contacting the customer I was told it was very unusual. They confirmed that they had the right contact number for me, apologised profusely and assured me that they would email me first thing on the morning of the 29th to fill me in on what's been going on.
    It's now the 9th of October and I haven't been contacted, I have no idea why these appointments are being cancelled and it seems my only option is to make yet another one and spend another day sitting around waiting for a technician who may or may not turn up.

As I said, I've tried phoning support, I've tried the online web chat support on the Eir website and neither has been particularly helpful.
    I would appreciate getting this resolved as quickly as possible since it's been dragging on for over a month now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

smithcity wrote: »
    Hi. It is now well over a month since I initially called to order installation of broadband. After a couple of weeks I received a message saying that my phone line had been activated on the 9th of September.

I then received a message that a technician would come to install the broadband on the 18th of September. I tooka day off work and waited around all day on the 18th and when the technician didn't show up I called Eircom support and was told that the tech was probably delayed and would be along that evening. That was a friday so I phoned again on the monday when there had been still no appearance, and was told that the tech couldn't contact me prior to monday and so the appointment had been cancelled. 
    Another appointment was then made for the 28th of September for the technician to come out. Again I waited around all day and the tech was a no show. This time I tried the online chat support and I was told that the appointment had been cancelled on their system, when I asked why it had been cancelled they couldn't tell me, when I asked if it was usual to cancel the appointment without contacting the customer I was told it was very unusual. They confirmed that they had the right contact number for me, apologised profusely and assured me that they would email me first thing on the morning of the 29th to fill me in on what's been going on.
    It's now the 9th of October and I haven't been contacted, I have no idea why these appointments are being cancelled and it seems my only option is to make yet another one and spend another day sitting around waiting for a technician who may or may not turn up.

As I said, I've tried phoning support, I've tried the online web chat support on the Eir website and neither has been particularly helpful.
    I would appreciate getting this resolved as quickly as possible since it's been dragging on for over a month now.
    Hi smithcity

I'm genuinely very sorry to hear of this. I will be happy to look in to this further for you. Please PM me any details you have for this order, order number, account number & land line number if possible.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

Hi Alan,
    PM sent.

Hi Alan,
    PM sent.
    Thanks smithcity

I have requested clarification from our escalations team and I'll get back to you as soon as I have more news.

Thanks
    Al

Any update yet?

Any update yet?
    Thanks for taking my call smithcity

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan, the technician arrived on Friday and the line has been installed successfully, just wanted to check would the router arrive out in the post or do I need to call up and order it now?

Hi Alan, the technician arrived on Friday and the line has been installed successfully, just wanted to check would the router arrive out in the post or do I need to call up and order it now?
    Hi smithcity

I see that the line must be tested so see what speeds it can hold before placing the broadband order. I will check with operations on an expected timeframe and update you as soon as I have more information (which will most likely be tomorrow morning)

Thanks
    Al

Hi again Alan. 
    The modem arrived on Friday and has been plugged in since then. The technician had warned me that it could be up to 24 hours before it started working but it's been plugged in since last friday and the DSL light is still out. The phone line is working otherwise, as I've got a dial tone and can make calls.

Monday now and still no DSL connection. I've tried all the troubleshooting advice supplied with the modem but still no joy. Can you tell me whether it's just a case of the order not being finalised yet or if it's an issue with the line?

Monday now and still no DSL connection. I've tried all the troubleshooting advice supplied with the modem but still no joy. Can you tell me whether it's just a case of the order not being finalised yet or if it's an issue with the line?
    Hi smithcity

I have been assured that an engineer is scheduled to enable a port at the exchange to supply you with broadband tomorrow afternoon. When the port is enabled it can take anything between 2 and 24hrs to get online. Can you confirm if you have a modem yet?

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi smithcity

I have been assured that an engineer is scheduled to enable a port at the exchange to supply you with broadband tomorrow afternoon. When the port is enabled it can take anything between 2 and 24hrs to get online. Can you confirm if you have a modem yet?

Thanks
    Al

Cheers for keeping on top of this Alan. Can confirm I have the modem, plugged in and ready to go.

That's great smithcity

The port will be enabled today and at best you will be online this evening and latest tomorrow morning.

Thanks
    Al

That's great smithcity

The port will be enabled today and at best you will be online this evening and latest tomorrow morning.

Thanks
    Al

Hi again. Still no joy. The DSL light started flashing yesterday. At approx 10.30pm last night I turned the router the Zyxel D1000 off and on again, the DSL light came on and stayed on, then the Internet light went solid green. A moment later the router started turning itself off and on again every few seconds, the power light clicking off and the whole thing rebooting constantly. I left it alone overnight thinking maybe it was normal for a new connection but it's still ongoing this morning, booting up, switching off then repeating. I tried a hard reset to no avail, I also tried turning it off, removing the phone line cable and turning it on again but it's still the same.

That's great smithcity

Thanks
    Al

Hi again. Still no joy. The DSL light started flashing yesterday. At approx 10.30pm last night I turned the router the Zyxel D1000 off and on again, the DSL light came on and stayed on, then the Internet light went solid green. A moment later the router started turning itself off and on again every few seconds, the power light clicking off and the whole thing rebooting constantly. I left it alone overnight thinking maybe it was normal for a new connection but it's still ongoing this morning, booting up, switching off then repeating. I tried a hard reset to no avail, I also tried turning it off, removing the phone line cable and turning it on again but it's still the same.
    Hi smithcity

I have just raided this with the technical support team who have advised that it's best you contact the directly to troubleshoot this issue. Please contact technical support on Local 1890260260 or via Webchat at www,eir.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

Hi smithcity

I have just raided this with the technical support team who have advised that it's best you contact the directly to troubleshoot this issue. Please contact technical support on Local 1890260260 or via Webchat at www,eir.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al
    Hi again Alan.
    Following your advice on the 13th, I phoned technical support who ran through the troubleshooting problems with me over the phone and after having no luck assured me that a technician would be out in two to three working days to resolve the issue once and for all by following the line all the way from the exchange to my house. A couple of days later during storm Barney I lost my phone line altogether but thought nothing of it since a technician was supposedly enroute.
    It's now ten days later ( and three months since my initial order) and there's been no technician, Iv no broadband and now no phone line at all. On top of it all, Iv been billed for last month.

As frustrating as this whole scenario has been for the last number of months, with all the cancelled call outs, being redirected from department to department and assurances that haven't been followed up on, it's really gone beyond a joke now that I'm paying for a service that I still haven't got.

Can you please help me out here? This is going on way too long now and I need this resolved once and for all.

Can I get an update please?

Hi smithcity

Thanks for taking my call on this. I have arranged for the agreed credit & I'll keep you updated. Fault ref is EIR-FTL-12932965

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭doyle7

Currently waiting on a techician to arrive in the 'am' as the appointment said. It is now well into the 'pm'. Took a day off work for this too. Your email doesn't fill me with hope. Considering they say a techicuan will be out within ten days and the appointment t was set for the 11th day. 

3 wks ago ordered services too. 

doyle7 wrote: »
    Currently waiting on a techician to arrive in the 'am' as the appointment said. It is now well into the 'pm'. Took a day off work for this too. Your email doesn't fill me with hope. Considering they say a techicuan will be out within ten days and the appointment t was set for the 11th day. 

3 wks ago ordered services too. 
    Very sorry to hear this doyle7

Have you contacted accounts for an update on this yet? You can reach them via WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

Very sorry to hear this doyle7

Have you contacted accounts for an update on this yet? You can reach them via WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

Absolute disgrace. I've been in all day waiting. Then I see a missed call from 4pm so I call it back a few mins later. No answer. I discover that its the technician. I call it twice more and leave a message. Still no answer.

I requested a line. The appointment was s for a technician to call to my house, not ring my mobile phone once.

So what happens now wait another 10 days for a new appointment?

I was reluctant to join eir at the start now I'm even more.

• Advertisement

Very sorry to hear of this doyle7

If you would like to PM me your order number I will look in to this further

Cheers
    Al

Very sorry to hear of this doyle7

If you would like to PM me your order number I will look in to this further

Cheers
    Al

Pm sent

Thanks doyle7

I'll need to get clarification on this and I'll be back to you asap

Thanks

Al

Thanks doyle7

I'll need to get clarification on this and I'll be back to you asap

Thanks

Al

Still nothing back from you on this. 3 days later.

Just got a call from kn networks (3rd december) verifying my appointment tomorrow. An appointment I never agreed to with an eir customer service agent named natasha, As I stressed i wouldn't be home. She then arranged an appointment for the 8th December which suited me. Great! Not so great as kn networks have zero knowledge of this.

To say I am angry off is an understatment no . At this stage I've had enough of this shabby service. Please sort it out.

doyle7 wrote: »
    Still nothing back from you on this. 3 days later.

Just got a call from kn networks (3rd december) verifying my appointment tomorrow. An appointment I never agreed to with an eir customer service agent named natasha, As I stressed i wouldn't be home. She then arranged an appointment for the 8th December which suited me. Great! Not so great as kn networks have zero knowledge of this.

To say I am angry off is an understatment no . At this stage I've had enough of this shabby service. Please sort it out.

Still no reply.

And while we are at it, appointment for today 9am to 1230pm. It's 2pm now and no sign of anybody.

Absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

Relative of mine waited more than 12 weeks for it. Rang them every week for nothing and was still being billed for no service.
    Shocking.

Advertisement