Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365online not available

Options
  • 09-10-2015 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Anyone know why 365online page has not been available for the last two days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Roger1967 wrote: »

Its working. You have connectivity or browser issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

there was a problem a few months ago with Chrome on PC, the BOI login page would just loop and bring you back to start page again an again............

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Roger1967

Still not loading - no connectivity or browser problems. Tried different browsers. All my other secure websites are fine including other banking websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved the Talk to..Bank of Ireland forum where fellow customers and BOI staff are better placed to assist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

I logged in earlier and it worked okay

dohouch wrote: »
    there was a problem a few months ago with Chrome on PC, the BOI login page would just loop and bring you back to start page again an again............
    Different issue for me  - the page won't load on any browser Chrome, Edge, IE, Firefox. Tried different machines  - laptop, desktop. Everything else is working fine - no other website problems on any browser/machine. I note from twitter that some others are having the same problem today - the 365 login  home page will not load. I have emailed BOI to see if they can sort this out. Strange that some users can log on.

Update - just downloaded the app to my phone and it worked fine so there seems to some sort of technical issue causing a problem using a browser on a desktop or laptop - still getting the message that the page is not available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Roger1967, 

Thanks for your post. 

We can confirm that 365 Online is operating as normal. Are you able to log into 365 Online on the browser on your phone or a tablet? If you're still experiencing difficulties logging in, can we ask that you check with your internet provider as the website is operating as normal. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mike4466

Update - just downloaded the app to my phone and it worked fine so there seems to some sort of technical issue causing a problem using a browser on a desktop or laptop - still getting the message that the page is not available.
    I have the same problem. Nothing wrong with my browser can go anywhere without a problem. I can even navigate the banks main web page without a problem until I hit the "365 button". I have complained several times. The help?? It's your obsolete browser(I use IE11). You need to download Google Chrome(Reluctantly I did - it doesn't work). Download the app to your phone(No my phone is not secure enough - now I am uncooperative). Tinkered with my internet options(Still doesn't work). It must be your internet provider. I am on cable - they checked my broadband - its ok. Do I have this problem with any other site I visit. No - I can even navigate the banks own website without problem until I try to access "365online". Sorry we can't help you. It looks as though there is a problem at the bank's end. Oh no there's not - oh yes there is - oh no the..... Here we go again - the customer ends up "piggy in the middle". So where do I go from here???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Who is your internet service provider? I had an issue like this a few years back, it turned out to be an issue with my isp's security cert updating, all sites except secure sites worked. Solved the issue by rebooting my router.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dimma02

Bet its UPC/virgin media ;-) 

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Thomas OBrien01

Hi Roger, be careful you're computer has not gor a virus or root kit. This **** happens when something latches onto your computer.

Hi Roger, be careful you're computer has not gor a virus or root kit. This **** happens when something latches onto your computer.
    There is no virus on my computer. I have Norton installed and completed full scans with it and checked malware as well. The computer is a recent new build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Roger1967 and Mike4466,

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing difficulty accessing our website.

We've double checked this with our Support Team and they have confirmed that 365 Online is operating normally. Can I ask, have you tried logging on using a different internet connection? This would help clarify if this is caused by settings on the device or the internet connection.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara, I have done all the suggested remedies and none have worked. Have just spent another 2 hours with my ISP who took remote control of my desktop computer and still could not find a reason for this problem. Did a cmd.exe trace on 365 and wow - I had three stops in London, two in Paris and three in Frankfurt with four "Request timed out". Is it any wonder I am not getting through??? Your comments please.
    "A different internet connection"? Would you elaborate please.
    Regards Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Mike4466 wrote: »
    Hi Tara, I have done all the suggested remedies and none have worked. Have just spent another 2 hours with my ISP who took remote control of my desktop computer and still could not find a reason for this problem. Did a cmd.exe trace on 365 and wow - I had three stops in London, two in Paris and three in Frankfurt with four "Request timed out". Is it any wonder I am not getting through??? Your comments please.
    "A different internet connection"? Would you elaborate please.
    Regards Mike.
    Hi Mike4466,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that you are still having difficulties accessing the website.

Where Tara has mentioned accessing using different internet connection, this would mean accessing the internet through an alternative connection if this option is available to you. This would help to determine if this is something related to your current internet connection.

Can you please let me know the full URL/web address that you are trying to access through?

Thanks
    Nicola

Hi Nicola, I did reply to your message yesterday. Obviously I did something wrong and it did not post.
    It was to say that I do not have an alternative connection that I can use which would be secure enough for your security requirements and mine.
    Your last sentence confused me. I am trying to log into 365online.com and I wouldn't know what its URL is - you should know that. Anyway there is a note at the bottom of this reply which states that I cannot submit URLs!!!
    Regards Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Mike4466 wrote: »
    Hi Nicola, I did reply to your message yesterday. Obviously I did something wrong and it did not post.
    It was to say that I do not have an alternative connection that I can use which would be secure enough for your security requirements and mine.
    Your last sentence confused me. I am trying to log into 365online.com and I wouldn't know what its URL is - you should know that. Anyway there is a note at the bottom of this reply which states that I cannot submit URLs!!!
    Regards Mike.
    Hi Mike4466,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

The URL should include https:// before the rest of the web address of www.365online.com. Is it just your PC that you are unable to connect to the website orwould it be possible to check this on a browser on your phone or log in through our mobile app when on the same internet connection?

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi all,
    I sympathise with Mike4466, I am in Ireland now and tried to log on to 365online using my laptop using a dongle on the Three network and the page won't load. I went to my local BOI branch and they allowed me to use one of their computers and the log in page loaded no problem. I then went to my brothers house and used both his computers and again the login page loaded so it may be something to do with my ISP ( Virginmedia) although that doesn't explain why my laptop on the Three mobile dongle would't work here in Ireland unless it just takes a long time to load ( uses 3g). I am going back to try my laptop later tonight but there is some sort of issue affecting some users. I will hopefully get to the bottom of this by next week when I return to Scotland.

• Advertisement

I can now log on using the same laptop I failed with in Scotland. I am in Donegal now using the three mobile network and successfully logged on. This means that it is the ISP which seems to be the issue as failed to load the log in page when using Virginmedia on different computers and using different browsers in Glasgow. I will contact them when I get to Glasgow next week. Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Hi Roger 1967 and the BOI Team, Having made myself a pain(you know where) here and with my ISP all of a sudden 365 is working again. Nobody has claimed credit for this so I have to assume that my Fairy Godmother is still looking after me - was a bit slow but she is getting on now. I hope you are having the same result Roger 1967.  Regards Mike.

Advertisement