Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quiet pub first date blackrock

Options
  • 09-10-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Bringing a lady on a first date tomorrow. Thought blackrock was a nice neutral ground to start. Haven't been down there in ages. Just wondering if anyone had ideas of a nice quiet pub so we can chat without shouting over loud music or tvs. Thx lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

What's neutral about it?

I would have thought somewhere like Offaly would be more neutral. No?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Take her to Switzerland, duh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

If you're taking her to a pub for a first date, chances are it'll be the last date too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Idaho Ver. 3

Dublin or Cork? or Louth?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Oh look, it's a sucky cat

• Advertisement

Blackrock?

Nah. Frank Ryans over near Smithfield is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

Pub first date, stay classy OP

dpofloinn wrote: »

Actually they are one of the best kind. Relaxed, casual, no pressure on either person to be skilled at ice skating, or eating with chopsticks. Just two people sitting down having a chat and getting to know each other.

Nothing says romance like a Wetherspoons so Blackrock isn't a bad shout.
    Not sure about neutral though; you wouldn't want to get caught in between a fight between the pro-Mary Hanafin and anti-Mary Hanafin crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Weatherspoons for a curry. She'll be dead impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Actually they are one of the best kind. Relaxed, casual, no pressure on either person to be skilled at ice skating, or eating with chopsticks. Just two people sitting down having a chat and getting to know each other.

STOP BEING SERIOUS

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭badge1123

Thanks for that. Should have known better than to post that in this room haha.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

OP I've moved this to the Dublin City forum, you'll get better responses there

Folks remember the Dublin City charter is in place now

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Birneybau wrote: »
    STOP BEING SERIOUS

My first post in this thread wasn't!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Wetherspoons is really good for a first date. Ok the drinks are cheap. But the toilets are spotless, the furniture is actually really nice and the staff are pleasant. I havent seen someone **** faced in it, any of the times I have been. The selection of spirits is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

-v-
    A pub in what used to be East Berlin, on the outside looked pleasant enough, hanging baskets drinks board signs in English and German. So myself and the missus go in.

P.S. OP it's quite a while since I was familiar with Blackrock or that general area but Gleesons in Booterstown Avenue used be nice. Enjoy the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

The Punchbowl in Booterstown is never that full and they've a reasonable selection of Beers to choose from, you'd be guaranteed a decent seat and definitely no loud music, plus the Dart station is only 3-4 mins walk away

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The Purty Kitchen a bit further away in Monkstown is nice, very handy for DART. Quiet without being dead midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The Breffni. Best pub in Blackrock in my opinion

Advertisement