Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightlife in dingle

Options
  • 09-10-2015 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi everyone. Just a quick one about dingle. We are heading there for the weekend me and my friends. Just wondering where the best places to go are. We are staying Saturday and Sunday night. Is there a night club there. Is it on both nights.
    Cheers for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,445 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The Hillgrove. Like the mart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

They have a dolphin, don't know whether he comes out to play at night...or you could try fungi night club, just ask at the door for Ray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Go see Fungi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I've never been so the only advice I can offer is to enjoy yourself.
    Life is what you make it and all that jazz.

The Hillgrove, grim, a bit outside town, old school rural disco. Haven't been there in a few years myself.

Droichead Beag. Late bar in the town. Not bad, kinda bit spread out anyway, expect your standard Macklemore/Pharrell type music, gets busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

johnroake wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Just a quick one about dingle. We are heading there for the weekend me and my friends. Just wondering where the best places to go are. We are staying Saturday and Sunday night. Is there a night club there. Is it on both nights.
    Cheers for the help.

The place is hopping every Saturday night. Just pub hop along the main street and end up in the Hillgrove. Simple really.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Moved from After Hours to the Kerry forum. Read the local charter before posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Bouncers in dickie bows

• Registered Users Posts: 49 johnroake

Cheers ppl. And is it sat and Sunday nite or just Friday and Saturday or Wat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,445 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

How's the Impreza john

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

johnroake wrote: »
    Cheers for the help.

Not sure if the Hillgove niteclub is on Sunday nights, possibly just Saturday. There are plenty of pubs though! Dingle is a great spot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The Hillgrove, grim, a bit outside town, old school rural disco. Haven't been there in a few years myself.

Droichead Beag. Late bar in the town. Not bad, kinda bit spread out anyway, expect your standard Macklemore/Pharrell type music, gets busy.

The Hillgrove had a big refurb a couple of years ago, looks pretty smart now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭siblers

They did up the Hillgrove, was there earlier in the year when I went to see Delorentos, it's very nice inside but it's a very generic nightclub (loud dance music, smoke machines etc) An Droichid Beag is a lot better imo, older crowd and better music but it depends on your preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 johnroake

siblers wrote: »
    They did up the Hillgrove, was there earlier in the year when I went to see Delorentos, it's very nice inside but it's a very generic nightclub (loud dance music, smoke machines etc) An Droichid Beag is a lot better imo, older crowd and better music but it depends on your preferences.

An droichid beag, that a late bar on a Sunday nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Yeah, be open till 2 am at least, most likely 2:30am. Doubt the Hillgrove is open on a Sunday (unless it's a bank hol etc.)

Advertisement