Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Outlook- Adding a new account on the same computer

Options
  • 10-10-2015 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

I have Outlook installed on a computer at work. I wish to add a new email account profile on Outlook while keeping the existing profile active on this computer.If I do add one will the existing one remain open or at least be at the stage where you can switch back to the existing profile and not require a password. (The account is currently open when you click on the icon). How do I set up a new account on the same computer and how will this change the existing profile ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I have Outlook installed on a computer at work. I wish to add a new email account profile on Outlook while keeping the existing profile active on this computer.If I do add one will the existing one remain open or at least be at the stage where you can switch back to the existing profile and not require a password. (The account is currently open when you click on the icon). How do I set up a new account on the same computer and how will this change the existing profile ?
    what version of outlook is it? You say profile so do you want multiple profiles where you have to close outlook each time and choose or do you want multiple accounts in the one profile?
    For the multiple assuming it's 2010 and up click on the file tab and then add account is there.

For single email address in a profile. Control panel mail and add new profile put all details in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

You could also setup a new Windows user. If course you'd have to switch users to see the individual Outlook accounts.

Advertisement