Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darrell Edmund Figgis (1882 - 1925)

Options
  • 10-10-2015 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I research various aspects of Irish commercial and social history as a hobby and I'm wondering if anyone here might be able to help me.

I am currently researching the life and times of Darrell Figgis who was a Sinn Fein activist and 1916 detainee. A writer and publisher of some repute and intellect, he had been Secretary for Sinn Fein at that time and who tragically committed suicide in 1925 following the death of his wife.

Does anyone know what connection there was between Figgis and the Hodges Figgis bookstore (if any)? Right up till the early 20s he ran a publishing business and had a number of leading poets and authors as clients.

Thanks for your help

Advertisement