Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golligher Circle

Options
  • 10-10-2015 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I research various aspects of Irish social history as a hobby and I'm wondering if anyone here might be able to help me.

I am currently researching the life of Kathleen Golligher, a 16 year old Belfast girl of a gifted family of mediums who came to fame between 1910 and 1920. Indeed she was studied by Dr W Crawford of Queens University for several years and who wrote several books about her. Sadly he suffered with severe depression and committed suicide in 1921.

There is much poorly informed comment about the Golligher family circle on the Internet. I know that she suffered heavily with negative publicity at that time and was denounced by many as a fake and cheat.

Does anyone with an interest in psychic research and its history know what became of Kathleen Golligher?

Thanks for your help

Advertisement