Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Irish sites/stores where printers can be found matched by particular cartridge?

Options
  • 10-10-2015 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

(I hope this is the right forum. Please move to correct forum if not)

I have a few unused print cartridges that I would like to use so want to find a printer that they can be used on, now that my old printer has just broken. I was hoping there might be a site or store that would be able to tell me whether they have a printer that would fit.

I just checked elara.ie, copying each one individually, without success.

[To be specific, they're HP364XL inkjet print cartridges. Elara gave me this list of compatible printers [url]http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=ECE3193091[/url] but, as I said, I had to copy and paste individually. I was hoping somebody somewhere might have developed a system that this could be done efficiently. Or perhaps I'm wasting my time as no printers of this type would now be sold as they first came out a few years ago?]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭kangaroo

Thanks. It's just most of the printers are likely now too old to be sold so was hoping for something that could tell me what does match and is sold. Maybe I'll just have to go through the list each time.

Personally, I'd get a laser printer. Cheaper, and the cartridges last me a year. But only if you only want black-and-white printing (which I do).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭Firblog

Personally, I'd get a laser printer. Cheaper

That's a myth unless you're going for a laser printer that can use a cartridge with huge capacity - 5000+ pages.

Both HP and Brother have inkjets that use cartridges - genuine - that the ink costs little more than 1c per page; they also have laserjet printers whose printing costs are considerably more than that.

Firblog wrote: »
    That's a myth unless you're going for a laser printer that can use a cartridge with huge capacity - 5000+ pages.

Both HP and Brother have inkjets that use cartridges - genuine - that the ink costs little more than 1c per page; they also have laserjet printers whose printing costs are considerably more than that.

Is it? Only my own experience, didn't know it was a myth! I had a dot matrix printer first, then two or three inkjet ones, whose cartridges ran out in a couple of months, then my current laser printer, whose cartridges last a year or so. A friend still has an inkjet - or rather, not 'still' but 'now', since she only got it last year - and her cartridges seem to run out all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭Firblog

Aye

HP 950xl ink ~ 2300 pages for about €30,
    Brother LC129xlblk ~ 2400 pages for €27, cheaper for compatible cartridges.

Not many laserjets can beat that

Matter of personal choice, of course! I'm only talking about my own experience, and I don't actually need to print in colour. But I find the laser muchmuchmuch faster in printing, and much less hungry on ink. If it were my choice, I'd be seeing if I could trade in the cartridges to my friendly local printer seller in part-exchange for a laser printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Inkjet + CSIS, print all of the things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

FshW7Rg.png

2 minute search to find this......or here's the link http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=CN684EE&opt=&sel=SUP

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

FanadMan wrote: »
    2 minute search to find this......or here's the link http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=CN684EE&opt=&sel=SUP

Those are all discontinued printers though, aren't they? The HP Photosmart 5520, which I have coincidentally, certainly is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Alun wrote: »
    Those are all discontinued printers though, aren't they? The HP Photosmart 5520, which I have coincidentally, certainly is.

D'oh!!! :o

Note to self.....next time read the bloody post properly :o

Advertisement