Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Appliances for new build

Options
  • 10-10-2015 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a full suite of kitchen appliances over the next 3/4 months for the house i'm building. I'm thinking of buying Bosch/Siemens appliances. Just wondering is there any vendors that offer particularly good multi-item discounts or particularly good sales to watch out for ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭nitros7

I would suggest waiting for the January sales.
    Best value to be had on white/brown goods then.

At this stage they will all price match each other so shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Harvey Norman encourage haggling and price matching but are often dearer to begin with. Powercity have given multi-item discounts in the recent past for me.

Don't discount the local Expert/Euronics/whatever other brand names there are these days; if you're making a bulk purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

In the sales they go down a little but it's usually last years models, if it's the top end new stuff you want you will pretty much paying top dollar. Best is to approach one retailer with an exact model list of what you want and look for best cash price. Best buy in or around same time, buying some and leaving them in storage for months will limit the time you can use them for guarantee period.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

How much difference can there normally be between this years model and last years ? I've an ancient Miele dishwasher - it washes the dishes- !!!

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭breffnij

Well backbar. You find anywhere decent? I'm in same boat. Need the full works...all the way down to a kettle & toaster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭thebackbar

breffnij wrote: »
    Well backbar. You find anywhere decent? I'm in same boat. Need the full works...all the way down to a kettle & toaster!

not yet breffnij, currently i'm putting a list together of what models i want, also ive taken note of prices in the shops now so that come the sales i can spot genuine bargains. Hopefully ill pick up a few bargains and then for the rest ill go into a few shops and see whats the best they can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭breffnij

thebackbar wrote: »
    Hopefully ill pick up a few bargains and then for the rest ill go into a few shops and see whats the best they can do.

Not sure if heard/ any use but another one of those Harvey Norman staff sales is on this Wed night from 6 in airside. Mixed reviews of it on this site but might be worth a look for you. Salesperson today even pushed me to wait till Wednesday to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mixupat

Hi Folks

I'm starting out looking for appliances packages for new build also so would appreciate info on how you got on. I will be shopping the post Christmas Sales also.

I put together a full package using pricespy.ie a few weeks back and going for
    decent stuff, I ended up with circa 5.2k spent to include:

Consenser Dryer
    Washing Machine
    Integrated Dishwasher
    Integrated Fridge/Freezer
    Oven
    Combi Oven/Microwave
    Warming Drawer
    Induction Hob
    Extractor Fan

I gave a list and ideas of what I wanted to Harvey Norman and the price was close to what I seen myself via Pricespy. I was hoping for more of a discount for the full package but we'll see as Harvey Norman was not the best price for most things anyhow to start with. I haven't got a final price yet, just each listed price but nothing for bulk buy.

If you have anywhere you could recommend, feedback appreciated. I guess I will try a few different stores now.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Power City are usually very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

It was a few years back but I had to get a fridge/freezer, oven, dishwasher,extractor and DID came in the cheapest with a discount thrown in. Come to think of it I actually went to 2 DID's and got a better deal in the second one!
    It's worthwhile going in and having the chat after surfing the net for prices.
    IKEA might be worth a try too although i dont know if there fitting sizes are the same for your own non-IKEA kitchen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the ikea sizes are usually the same. they're rebranded whirlpool. they may not be premium enough for the OP but I got them in my house bar the oven because they have a 5 year warranty.

I haven't moved yet no purchasing appliances, i wont be moving in until march so im not under pressure just yet. However i was hoping to see some better deals in the sales. At this stage i think ill put my list together and ask around for prices, then see if i can bargain them down

howdy, started pricing around last weekend, the first shop i went into offered a 4.5 discount on the total list price, i guess its better than nothing !

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Little Mermaid

I'm in process of buying house that needs full refurb, so interested in any good deals on Kitchens, flooring, bathrooms, furniture.
    I'm keeping an eye out for Arnotts Warehouse sale, they are usually pretty good, and think there is one due soon. Look forward to hearing about more bargains!

Advertisement