Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LastPass Joins LogMeIn

Options
  • 10-10-2015 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I wonder if this is the start of the end of the free version?
    It’s a big day here at LastPass. We’re thrilled to announce that we’re joining LogMeIn. As one of the world’s leading SaaS companies, we can’t imagine a better team to align with our values and product-driven mission. With their experience in growing successful brands like join.me, we’re excited to join LogMeIn in delivering the next generation of identity and access management for individuals, teams and companies, with LastPass at the forefront.

When we started LastPass in 2008, we set out on a mission to provide a smart solution to the growing password problem. We aimed to build a product that helped people efficiently manage their passwords, in a way that not only increased their productivity but also improved their security.

Since then, LastPass has grown by leaps and bounds, helping millions of consumers and tens of thousands of businesses worldwide with password management. We are so incredibly proud of our team’s accomplishments and grateful to the users who have supported us on our journey.

What does this mean for you as a LastPass user? Great things! We will continue to build and improve LastPass for our free, Premium, and Enterprise customers. Together with LogMeIn, we’ll be able to accomplish more, faster – providing an even better service to millions of people. As we become part of the LogMeIn family over the next several months, we’ll be releasing updates to LastPass, introducing new features, and continuing to grow the service as we work to bring LastPass to millions more who struggle with passwords.

Again, thank you to all of our users and supporters! We’re as committed as ever to providing you with a secure, easy-to-use password manager. Stay tuned as we open the next chapter of our story with LogMeIn and build the future of identity and access management, together.

Joe Siegrist & The LastPass Team

Source: Link:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Get ready for a subscription based model for lastpass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

They'll likely drop or restrict the free version.

The pricing is already decent so if that stays the same I won't complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I already pay for the full version for Android support, as long as it stays as cheap as it is I'll not be bothered

Advertisement