Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPad Air 2 screen crack

• 10-10-2015 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Just looking for some advice. I have an Ipad Air2 only a few weeks and I dropped the thing! Gutted is an understatement as it's not insured. Screen still usable but I really couldn't live with it long term. Apple and CompuB tell me it's a straight unit replacement job and it'll cost the bones of €400!! Rang a few other places who say they don't do them. Any ideas or suggestions most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

the cat knocked mine off the counter onto a tiled floor a few weeks ago. You're right, most places don't do them. I'm in the north and was quoted £225 for a replacement, or an out of warranty replacement from Apple for just under £300 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mosesgun

Zcott wrote: »
    the cat knocked mine off the counter onto a tiled floor a few weeks ago. You're right, most places don't do them. I'm in the north and was quoted £225 for a replacement, or an out of warranty replacement from Apple for just under £300 :(

Did you get yours done or are you living with the busted screen?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

mosesgun wrote: »
    Just looking for some advice. I have an Ipad Air2 only a few weeks and I dropped the thing! Gutted is an understatement as it's not insured. Screen still usable but I really couldn't live with it long term. Apple and CompuB tell me it's a straight unit replacement job and it'll cost the bones of €400!! Rang a few other places who say they don't do them. Any ideas or suggestions most welcome.

House insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mosesgun

whiterebel wrote: »
    House insurance?

will check on Monday. Have a felling it's not covered though. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

mosesgun wrote: »
    Did you get yours done or are you living with the busted screen?

After a month of living with it sellotaped together I gave in and got the replacement :-(

• Advertisement
Advertisement