Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing bulb under kitchen cabinets

Options
  • 10-10-2015 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    Stupid question alert!:o

There are lights under the kitchen presses in my kitchen (I didn't put them in myself, they were here when I moved in). One of them went, so I presumed I would just change the bulb like I do for the downlighters in the ceiling. However i tried twisting and turning to pop it out and then finally got the casing off and the actual bulb seems to be wired into the light socket? Is this possible? If so I imagine I will need to get an electrician to change the light?

Thanks (and feel free to insert a how many stupid posters does it take to change a light bulb joke!)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

That wouldn't be normal at all. Id say you've popped off the wrong side of the fitting. Try putting that side back on and whipping off the other side to take the bulb out. Stick up a photo if you're still in bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thanks Mr M - will have another look!

Advertisement