Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobility/flexibilty training in Dublin

Options
  • 10-10-2015 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

Lads anyone know of any place in Dublin that does Mobility/flexibilty type training? Not strength and conditioning or body building, nothing like that. Just somewhere that teaches you to become more agile, handstands, backbends, cartwheels, the splits, that kind of thing.
    Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

AM Fitness in Terenure.

They're pretty much leading the city in it.

...also yoga.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Emmet Louis is pretty well regarded internationally in that area too. Not sure what gym he is based out of now. But easy to find him on twitter/facebook etc. If you look at the AM Fitness website, you’ll see Emmet in a lot of the shots. He has some good backbend info on his blog. see here.

I imagine if you asked Andy (AM Fitness) or Emmet who they’d recommend, they’d each name the other. You won’t go wrong with either of them imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Mellor wrote: »
    Emmet Louis is pretty well regarded internationally in that area too. Not sure what gym he is based out of now. But easy to find him on twitter/facebook etc. If you look at the AM Fitness website, you’ll see Emmet in a lot of the shots. He has some good backbend info on his blog. see here.

I imagine if you asked Andy (AM Fitness) or Emmet who they’d recommend, they’d each name the other. You won’t go wrong with either of them imo.

Emmet moved to Asia last week. Def give Andy in AM Fitness a shout - really nice guy and knows his stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

COH wrote: »
    Emmet moved to Asia last week.

Ah ok, I seen he mention Indonesia on FB. Assumed it was just a holiday or to stock up on Kung fu shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭santana75

Thanks lads. Emmet louis was my first port of call, but like you said, he's gone travelling for 2 years. Its crazy that theres so few people teaching this kind of trianing, whereas convential strength and weightlifting coaches are a dime a dozen.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

santana75 wrote: »
    Thanks lads. Emmet louis was my first port of call, but like you said, he's gone travelling for 2 years. Its crazy that theres so few people teaching this kind of trianing, whereas convential strength and weightlifting coaches are a dime a dozen.

Why's it crazy?

Most people who wanna move better just go do yoga.

There's a very limited demand and appreciation for it, so no one does it!

Advertisement