Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something inspiring to make me do hw

Options
  • 10-10-2015 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Can't do my homework, finding it way to boring and pointless

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You could write about the life you can have with no school qualifications and how exciting that would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

spurious wrote: »
    You could write about the life you can have with no school qualifications and how exciting that would be.
    Thats just more work though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Rorok wrote: »
    Thats just more work though

You just might be missing the point...
    Doing your homework may be boring but it's far from pointless. You'll find class tests and future exams much easier if you listen in class and complete all your homework - making heavy weather of it doesn't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

dee_mc wrote: »
    You just might be missing the point...
    Doing your homework may be boring but it's far from pointless. You'll find class tests and future exams much easier if you listen in class and complete all your homework - making heavy weather of it doesn't help.

My teacher is making us do an entire test again just because most of us got one, 2 mark question wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

You just have to adopt the nike motto "just do it"

In life there will be plenty of things you don't want to do but you just have to put the head down , shoulder to the wheel and get on with it.
    Do the most unpleasant things first to get them out of the way as you might run out of steam later.

It will stand to you in later life.
    If something has to be done - just do it, get it over with. That's life. We are all doing unpleasant and boring things occassionally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 RoseDumbledore

The way I see it, we're extremely lucky to live in Ireland with access to free education. We're lucky to have access to education at all!

Think about all those people in other countries who are dying to learn and fill their brains with information. But they can't. They don't have the opportunities we do. Some people have nothing. Some people have to live in a war zone. Some people don't know when the next time they'll see food is.

I think that we shouldn't look at school as a chore, but as an amazing opportunity. With an education, we can make a difference and do something great with our lives. Since we're so much higher up in the ranks, it's easy to forget about the poor people at the bottom with nothing. We should appreciate the great things we have and make the most of them. :-)

Advertisement