Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Octavia Seat Belt issue

Options
  • 10-10-2015 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Hi,

would anyone know how difficult it would be to replace the driver's seat belt stalk and wire on a MK1, 2002 Skoda Octavia?

The receiving latch is broken and the only way to engage the belt into the latch is by first fully depressing the orange button.

I'm used to it now and can do it with just my left hand, but I'd still like to source another and replace it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Hi,

would anyone know how difficult it would be to replace the driver's seat belt stalk and wire on a MK1, 2002 Skoda Octavia?

The receiving latch is broken and the only way to engage the belt into the latch is by first fully depressing the orange button.

I'm used to it now and can do it with just my left hand, but I'd still like to source another and replace it.

Thanks.

My one went on my VW touran ''08. A mate who is my mechanic did it on the front passenger side. Most of the seat had to be undone to lift seat up, uncliping sensors underneath seat. The sensors could trigger airbags or warnings so that would be the watch out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Would disconnecting the battery during the refit reduce the risk of an airbag warning do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Hi,

Thanks.

You sure there isn't a piece of paper or something stuck in the receiver. Happened me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

cocoman wrote: »
    You sure there isn't a piece of paper or something stuck in the receiver. Happened me.

No, it looks like there's a small piece missing.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭corks finest

Hi,

Thanks.
    Replaced my last cars receiver,fabia,piece of piss,removed seat nuts on receiver side,tilted seat up,replaced receiver,15 minutes,,, and only a gob****e ref working on cars,good luck,,p.S. tarrants Skoda garage sent me receiver within 2 days of ordering,, cheaper than other Skoda garages in Munster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Replaced my last cars receiver,fabia,piece of piss,removed seat nuts on receiver side,tilted seat up,replaced receiver,15 minutes,,, and only a gob****e ref working on cars,good luck,,p.S. tarrants Skoda garage sent me receiver within 2 days of ordering,, cheaper than other Skoda garages in Munster
    Eddie Tarrant is a very good dealer and great to deal with parts as well.

Advertisement