Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal

• 10-10-2015 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi guys anywhere with good deal on coal or other fuel. New to Limerick so dunno where to go

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Be aware that unless you live out the country you can only buy the inferior smokeless kind. Walters watch house cross (near moyross) is the place to go I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

or Galtee fuels on the Dock Road .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Or order a pallet of it

--->> bargain alerts page!

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057338233/51

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

1 thing to note about Walters is that the coal is left outdoors... Last time I went there the boot of my car was destroyed with all the black water that came out of the bag..being using galtee since then,all his stuff is stored indoors. He also has proper seasoned timber both soft and hardwood and other specialized stove fuels if that's what it's for.
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭jsd1004

martyc5674 wrote: »
    1 thing to note about Walters is that the coal is left outdoors... Last time I went there the boot of my car was destroyed with all the black water that came out of the bag..being using galtee since then,all his stuff is stored indoors. He also has proper seasoned timber both soft and hardwood and other specialized stove fuels if that's what it's for.
    Marty.

If you do not want to dirty the boot of your X5 you can get it delivered for not much extra from Walters. I found them by far the cheapest in Limerick. It makes it cheaper if you do not have to pay for its dry storage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Be aware that unless you live out the country you can only buy the inferior smokeless kind. Walters watch house cross (near moyross) is the place to go I reckon.

There is nothing wrong with the smokeless coal once you don't keep poking it. Its not supposed to flame but people keep poking trying to get flames till it dies. Leave the smokeless alone once it catches and you'll have plenty of heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

jsd1004 wrote: »
    If you do not want to dirty the boot of your X5 you can get it delivered for not much extra from Walters. I found them by far the cheapest in Limerick. It makes it cheaper if you do not have to pay for its dry storage.

Certainly wasn't an X5.. Quite the opposite end of the scale in fact, regardless of car I don't want to have its interior destroyed when there's no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭driver02

Any one know anything about Ovoids ( coal for stoves)

Advertisement