Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unwanted advertising

Options
  • 10-10-2015 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

My wife ordered some items from Bon Marche on line shop and since then I am continually getting advertisements from themand would like to stop them has anyone got any suggestions thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello.

This is the Newbies & FAQ forum. Its purpose is for users to ask questions about the boards.ie site itself.

It would appear that you are very familiar with the site, as you have posted in a broad range of our forums already, so it's very confusing to see you post something like that in the Newbies & FAQ forum.

It seems redundant to say this, but you need to contact the company directly and ask them to remove your details from their mailing list.

Thanks,

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭tri50072

I tried to post this in the laptop section but was informed I did not have enough threads and to got to Newbie and FAQ I am now confused.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's no such restriction on posting new threads. Or did you try to include a link in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭tri50072

If you refer to my post on Oct 9 and look at your response you will see what I mean my wife used my lap top and since then I am getting these ads. Iam 80 and a lot of this technology is above me. Ionly want to stop these ads .I Will try to contact them. Thanks

Advertisement